17 | Test

Still standing in front of the entrance building, Amaryllis looked at the two men who were glaring at each other at this point.

"I have no report of someone coming this hour. Take your Boss away if you don't want any trouble, Mr. Driver. How dare you step in here like you're important?" The guard said out loud with a threatening tone to Luca. He was gritting his teeth hard, not enjoying any minute of this disturbance.

Amaryllis thought that much when she was stopped, so she didn't really say anything but she didn't expect it would be this hard to get in. Abner probably forgot or was just testing her right now.

"Haha, you should kneel and ask for forgiveness before it's too late~" Luca sneered.

The crowd who were witnessing the scene was so stirred up. It got more intense every minute so they all were becoming noisier than before.

"Hey, hey, they are still fighting... Isn't this bad?" A husband of a certain family in the crowd said to his wife.

"Who is that fancy looking lady anyway? I have never seen her before... I assume she hasn't debuted yet..." The wife asked.

"I don't know, but damn, that driver in sunglasses looks so fine~" Her daughter replied.

"Hey, hey... Isn't this the time to stop?" The worried husband yelled out to the guard.

Hearing the loud crowd questioning and criticizing the scene, the guard was pretty much at his limit. It was such a beautiful day of guarding for him, but a rich young lady just had to ruin it. Let's not forget, Mr. Driver over here pissed him off the most.

"Last chance." Luca eyed the guard. He was so serious this time as if telling the guard to back off or things would turn bad on his (the guard's) end.

Hearing Luca said such words, the guard's face finally lit a fire and his veins were popping on his neck.

"Shut the fuck up!"

The guard raised his hand without a warning and targeted it to Luca. It was really fast so Luca who didn't expect the move just froze.

Seriously... Luca, you are an idiot!!

Amaryllis panicked when she saw that Luca was about to get hit, which led her to do an urgent act.

Pray for me...

Amaryllis somehow got involved in the fight and really bad stuff happened. It made Luca frowned at the scene, his heart dropped to the floor.

"Miss! Are you okay!?" Luca pulled Amaryllis to his arms and held her close defensively. He then held the woman's arm and looked at how red it was. It was swelling badly and Luca was pissed off about it.

"Aw~ I was about to push you away but it hit me before I could retreat my hand." Amaryllis rubbed her red hand with a sulky expression. It was really painful but she didn't show it on her face.

Luca clicked his tongue.

Why did I stir up the guard without realizing how weak I am!? I have put the Miss in the danger knowing she was close to me!

At the moment, Luca and the guard both were actually thinking real hard what they did wrong with regretful expressions.

"Hey, you stupid guard! How could you hit a woman!?" A person in the crowd burst.

"This guard is crazy!!"

"Where are the other guard!!"

"Hey, let us do something!!"

The crowd yelled at the guard with anger on their faces. When they were about to enter the scene, Luca let out an irritated voice that made everyone froze on their legs.

"You!" Luca glared at the guard and yelled in an eerie tone. His face was terrifying but still striking for Amaryllis to gaze at. The guard was defending himself at this point.

"I- I told you to leave, didn't I!?"

So shameful

The crowd thought.

"What is this?"

Amaryllis looked over Luca's arms to see the owner of the intimidating voice. A single person who was able to make all the people at that place froze after hearing the cold and stern tone.

The guard who looked over behind him was so stunned.

Why is she here!?

Everyone there stood still and looked at the scene, wondering why was the individual here.

"Where is your Boss?" The person 'calmly' asked the guard with a famous poker face.

"The Boss is in his office..." The guard replied with his whole body tensed up. He was sweating all over, not knowing what was gonna happen.

The person soon turned to look at the woman who was just released from an embrace. They tilted their head and observed Amaryllis from head to toe.

When they figured what it was all about, they finally made a decision.

"Anna."

The person called to a certain girl who was behind them.

"I believe Abner won't mind if I fire one of his workers." They said while looking at Amaryllis' hurt arm. Everyone who was watching gulped but a certain guard panicked. His face turned pale.

"Please forgive me! I didn't do anything wrong, Madam!" The guard let his knees down to the floor.