2 | Back at It Again

"I want to be engaged with James!"

The room was filled with silence after the girl announced the name of her first crush.

The pink-walled room filled with an enormous pink bed and expensive pieces of furniture looked very familiar to me. Next to the girl was a very beautiful lady in her coal black nightgown, sipping her cup of tea elegantly.

The girl has black and straight short hair with a pair of blue eyes, a small nose, and pink lips. She looked very soft, cute, and innocent. A little different from the person beside her. The mature woman appeared to have stronger features. Black and wavy long hair, clear blue eyes, a sharp nose, and red lips. She was a person who you would call gorgeous and intimidating.

Somehow these people looked like the people I knew.

Awfully similar to the people I knew.

"Sis?" The girl called out.

Wait what?

I widened my eyes as I looked at the girl in front of me. Soon, I realized what occurred.

"Hello?" Iris - my sister called out to me as she waved her hand in front of my face continuously.

"Hey, sis! Snap out of it! I know this is shocking but-"

"Not shocking and definitely not a good idea."

I said with a neutral cold expression of mine.

It seemed like I went back in time.

This was the fourteen-year-old me.

This was also the time when Iris confessed to me and Mother about her feelings and wished to be engaged to James Quinn.

That son of a bitch.

This time was also the time I went berserk. When she mentioned that man's name, the old me was furious. This was exactly the time when everything turned out to be the worst.

I turned my gaze from Iris to my mother. A calm expression was put on her face. I had come to realize that Mother was no fool. She wouldn't marry her daughter to a heartless cold man. She was a loving mother who cared about her daughter's future. Now, I understood and respected that truly.

"W-why?" Iris asked the most stupid question that had the most obvious answer we all knew.

"Is it because you like him too? The rumors are true!?"

Iris questioned me as she put on a betrayed expression. At this age, people in the house already knew the man I adored, so I should probably say something about it.

"It's true," I said. I could see her shocked expression, but before she could say anything, I continued, "I liked him before, but now I have no feelings left for him."

"I told you that it was not a good idea to be engaged to him. Answer me.

Does he love you the same?

No.

Does he wish to be engaged to you?

No.

Does he even know you?"

No.

I spat out those hurtful facts to Iris so she could truly understand what she was asking for. I leaned back and crossed my arms and legs. She was really mad at me, I could see the fire in her eyes.

Ha. What a snake. You dared kill your sister for a man.

"Don't talk to me that way! You don't understand! I-" She yelled out.

"Enough."

A stern and clear voice I missed so much came out of Mother. Iris and I looked at Mother just to see a cold look on her face.

"Iris. If you called me just for this girl talk- you're wasting my time." Mother said.

"You're wasting Mother's time indeed." I sided with Mother and smirked at Iris.

Iris just glared at me for some time and huffed. I got up from my seat and walked out of that eye-hurting room, not forgetting to bid goodbye to Mother.

"Goodbye, Mother. Love you." I blew a kiss on her as I winked and smiled.

"Goodbye." She replied.

I walked down the hall and laughed out loud when I heard Iris complain loudly out of frustration.

In the empty decorated hall, I admired my beautiful house as I walked to my room.

And upon arriving...

My beautiful bedroom, mama's here!

I looked at the eye-catching but simply designed wallpapers, the sheer white curtains, the king-sized soft bed, and the other simple types of furniture I owned. As I pounced my pillows, I could feel my body sinking into the soft mattress.

This moment was like a dream come true.

The fact that I was able to get my life back...

I was truly grateful to be able to correct my path.

I wouldn't let that prick and my foolish sister ruined my life again. I didn't even get the chance to pursue my career!

How dare the both of them!

Should I just move out of the house?

I wouldn't want to fall for Iris' evil schemes once more. But to do that I must have permission from the head of the family.

Technically speaking,

my father's.