19 | Cookies

Amaryllis was sitting down with Luca. She looked calm and reserved with her eyes closed, acting like an unbothered lady. Luca saw the scene beside him and felt his heart crushed. He thought Amaryllis was actually hurting inside, but bottled her emotion inside, locking her anger and pain somewhere in her heart.

Luca couldn't help sigh mentally. He promised to do better next time in protecting the Little Miss.

Amaryllis was closing her eyes, lost in thought. In her mind, her head was a kindergarden!

"Gosh, I'm in pain fufu..." Sad Lili cried out.

"I say we kill him!" Angry Lili cried out.

"Oh no, Mother is going overboard..." Scared Lili cried out.

"I think my bone cracked! We should run to the hospital!" Panicked Lili cried out.

"Oh~ I have cookies in my bag! I'm gonna eat them~" Dessert-addict Lili cried out.

Indeed, Luca was right. Amaryllis was conflicting in her heart. Her hand was basically chopped by a muscle jerk! How could it not hurt!? Amaryllis wanted to choke someone as the only way to relieve her anger but since she couldn't do that, she just stayed silent and tried to calm down with her arm still stinging in pain.

While she was sitting down, as her parents were--

"Aren't you ashamed of yourself!? Didn't I teach you how to be a good father for our children!? Is bullying a child all you can do in your free time!?" Aster barked as she looked down at her idiot husband who was sitting down with a calm face. No one really knew this but Aster Bloom was not in a least inferior to her husband. In Abner's eyes, Aster was like his precious treasure, a living jewel in this ugly world, wanting to treat her with love and care.

"..."

-- being lovey dovey to each other, Amaryllis used her unhurt snow white hand to find a bag of cookies she had in her bag for a while. She excitedly put it on her lap, opened it with a calm facial expression but the shine in her eyes couldn't deceive people about this young female's love for sweet.

Luca who was watching every second thought he would probably be killed later for witnessing such scenes of the Bloom family. His heart shivered, he really wanted to run at that moment, but before he could get up, Amaryllis plopped a piece of cookie to his mouth.

It was only for a second.

But, Luca could feel touch of a warm finger on his lips and it made his soul shivered. He blankly chewed on the sweet dark chocolate cookie and said a simple thank you to Amaryllis who was completely immersed in her cookies.

Luca looked at the wife and husband who were still at each other- well, only Aster- and sighed in relief.

Dying is so easy today.

Amaryllis noticed Luca's gloomy face for a bit but remained silent. After realizing how bad the situation actually was, Abner was close to facing the downfall of his life as he was being scolded by his beast of a wife but everything came to a silent again when the door to his office was knocked thinly.

All four people in the room looked at the tall and wide black door. Only a simple 'come in' and they saw people running in. Coming inside, there were Aster's people, an old man in white with a suit in hand and the old man Amaryllis had not seen for a while, Luke. All looked unsteady, a drop of sweat was forming on their forehead because they were running in hurry but still maintained their upright looks. Luca quickly stood up and went behind Luke.

Amaryllis glanced at Luke who noticed and nodded at her with a frown. The girl plopped another cookie to her mouth and looked at her parents. Aster called Anna immediately and the assistant moved smoothly over to Amaryllis with the doctor with her.

The doctor did light check up on her and treated her injured swelling arm.
Aster's eyes looked dark and unbearing when Amaryllis flinched to the slightest touch.

Abner knew truly that the dark wavy haired wife only had a few reasons to be angry - they were countable with her lovely long fingers. Seeing Amaryllis in pain was one of them.

A calm and mannered lady who's finally angered are truly scary.

Everyone thought in their heads.

After the doctor was done, the old man told Amaryllis that the swelling was pretty bad and asked to not use her arm for a while. He also asked her to place an ice pack to sore areas and compress daily to reduce the swelling.

The heavy atmosphere was becoming heavier.

Amaryllis thanked the doctor and let him get escorted outside with Anna and the rest before Aster's wrath could be get out, leaving the family of three alone.

"Mother, I'm alright." Amaryllis smiled slightly, assuring the pained woman, Aster.

"I-"

"It was fully my fault. I apologize to both of you." Abner silently stood up from his seat and walk over to his wife, putting a hand on her shoulder and looked back and forth between the two females.