16 | Trouble

It was still in the middle of the day. The sun was still up and shining brightly. In a car, a certain woman unwillingly woke up from her nap and yawned on her seat.

"Ha~~~~~"

Amaryllis blinked several times and rubbed her eyes softly. She focused her attention on the road as she called the man who was driving.

"Luca~ Are we there yet?" Amaryllis questioned as she made herself comfortable by putting her elbow to the car door and rested her cheek on her palm.

"We're nearly there, Miss. Just a couple more minutes." Luca replied while looking straight to the road.

Amaryllis played with her other hand, looking at her fingers and nails out of boredom. She started to wonder why she often got bored easily this time around. Her investments were doing great so the early busy parts are all done as well as school. Playing in the office didn't sound like a bad idea to her at the moment.

Ding

Ding

Ding

Amaryllis twitched as bell sounds were heard, making the young woman looked at her bag and plopped her hand inside of it to bring out a white cased phone.

Is it Mother?

She turned her phone on with full curiosity. Her mother wasn't really a text-type of person. Aster would usually call her daughter if she wanted to say something.

Amaryllis ignored the fact that the only contacts she had currently were her parents, Luke, and fleurir. Well, she got no friends and her contact list would be full anyway when she made her public debut.

Unknown number (1)

Amaryllis furrowed a brow when she saw an unknown person sending her messages.

Unknown number :
Where r u?

Unknown number :
You have my meds, stupid

Unknown number :
My hand hurts

Amaryllis sighed. She forgot.

Me :
Where the hell did you get my number from?

The woman straightened her posture against her seat and waited for a reply which came pretty soon.

Unknown number :
May

You changed Unknown number
to Trouble

Trouble :
Hey tell me where u r

Me :
Office

Trouble :
I'll go there

Me :
U crazy?

Trouble :
C u at ur condo

Me :
Istg leave me aloneeeeeee

Amaryllis sighed painfully as she rubbed her forehead.

Give me back my peaceful life...

After a couple of minutes, just like Luca said, they arrived safely to Bloom Corp. Luca announced their arrival and Amaryllis looked for her sunglasses that were somehow on the floor mat.

I think they got off me when I fell asleep.

The woman sighed before grabbing them off the floor and put them on. As soon as the young lady got out, she looked up at the high building in front of her. It was an impressive view. After enjoying it, Amaryllis walked to the entrance but when she was about to enter, a guy stopped her from walking in.

"Any appointment?" A guard in a suit asked the young lady. The man knew this girl had never come to this place before so he was on guard the whole time she came out of the car.

Tough security, eh?

Amaryllis glanced up at the guard and there she was aware that everyone near them was looking at the scene.

This will stir up something, but at this point, my pride can't lose.

Luca who was behind Amaryllis frowned at the intense atmosphere. When he was about to say something, his Miss raised a hand to stop him.

"Who is your boss?" Amaryllis spoke up in a stern voice to the guard. The big guy before him looked at her blankly for a second before replying.

"Abner Bloom."

The guard said with a proud face as he puffed his chest. He basically showed Amaryllis his mighty attitude of working to one of the richest men in the world which made the woman smirked. She then grabbed her phone from the bag and called a certain number before opening her rosy lips once again.

"Then move or you are fired."

At the words that came out of Amaryllis' mouth, the guard was caught off guard as he raised his eyebrows. He then proceeded to look at the man behind the fancy-looking young lady. Luca who noticed started to grin and showed a smile which was obviously fake.

"Tsk. If you have no appointment, go home--"

"Miss, should I take care of this for you?" Luca cut off the guard and asked his Master with a worried look on his face.

Luca, your act is scaring me. I love it.

Amaryllis smiled at Luca and shook her head.

It didn't take long before the call was picked up.

"Code one." Amaryllis said to the person over the phone with a seriously unhappy tone which made the guard got annoyed.

"Miss, if you don't leave right now, I have no choice but to use force." The guard tried to reach for the woman's shoulder but Luca immediately slapped it away, which made Amaryllis shocked.

Father, you're doing a bad job here!!