9 | Thoughts

I looked Xavier King in the eyes and so did he.

After a while, I broke eye contact.

"O-oh. Nice to meet you then!" I said it nicely, almost biting my tongue because I was nervous.

Xavier just nodded and soon I began to remind myself of who he was.

The King - was a family competitor of the Bloom, my family. They had the same type of business as ours. Although we were still the best in the world, the famous King was catching up slowly.

My mother never really wanted us to be associated with the King because she hated them.

From what I know, Mother was betrayed by someone from that family. I was never told who they were or what they did to her.

What situation did I get myself into?

"Um, Xavier?" I called.

"Hmm?" Xavier looked at me.

"I should probably go home," I said.

"Why?"

Why are you asking 'Why?'

"My parents are probably waiting for me." I lied.

"Hmm.. but don't you live alone?" He said without looking at me. I kept silent before asking him a question.

"H-how do you know that?" I asked.

"Why do you want to know, Amaryllis Bloom?" He smirked.

"Again! How do you know!?" I glared at him.

Still laying down on that hospital bed, he decided to say nothing. I then sighed and sat on the chair next to his bed.

"Alright, Xavier King. What do you want?" I asked the question bluntly.

He said nothing and refused to look at me.

"Hey, look at me." I pouted and hit him on his injured hand unintentionally.

"Ouch." He murmured.

"Oops. Sorry. You okay?" I apologized sarcastically and immediately held his hand to blow on it.

"Why are you blowing it?" Xavier asked with an eyebrow furrowed.

"To blow the pain away?" I said and looked at his face before receiving a flick on my forehead.

"Ouch. Why did you do that!?" I yelled out in pain, rubbing my forehead.

"Revenge?"

"You're annoying." I pouted.

"Don't pout too much," Xavier said.

"What?" I asked.

"We should stop with the questions for now." He said and closed his eyes.

"Whatever, I'm going home. It's almost midnight." I said as I walked to the door.

"Go home with a taxi and come back tomorrow." He spoke.

"Yeah, I know. Rest well." I waved my hand without looking back.

I walked outside the door, walked outside the hospital, and called for a taxi. It was a twenty-minute long ride and I thought for a long time in there.

Why would a King go to the same school as me?

Well, I guess it was fine as long as it wasn't James Quinn.

NO NO. It was bad either way!

Xavier knew me but why did he approach me?

Why did he help me?

Why was he letting me stay with him?

Letting me stay with him when my family was an enemy of his.

What is he planning?

After thinking hard about those things on the way home, I finally arrived.

No one was home. I looked at my phone and saw a message from Luke saying that he won't be back for a while and said he was sorry. I replied to him saying that it was fine and didn't tell him about what happened earlier.

I walked tiredly to the bathroom and washed myself up before going to sleep with uneasiness.

•°•°•°•°•°•°

After a bad night's rest, I woke up with dark circles under my eyes. I reminded myself that I had to go to the hospital even though I didn't want to.

I jumped out of bed and prepared myself. After a shower, I just toasted some bread and ate them with peanut butter. I munched on them happily and tried to be positive about everything that have happened.

As the clock hit 10 AM, I left my condo by taxi. I kept my eyes on my phone the entire ride, eyeing my investments. Trying to see and plan everything out. Although it was uncomfortable for me when Xavier's face showed up in my mind a few times.

Xavier was a familiar name I've known. In school, the famous man was a star - the king of the school. They said he was brilliant, handsome, and super smart.

We were in different classes and I didn't like to go out of class. I didn't even socialize - I had no friends lol.

But I never thought the king of school would be from the King family.

"Should I ask Mother about this or not?" I asked myself before answering to myself also.

"Mother would probably order me to come back home so I won't go near him ever again," I said in conclusion.

Not long after asking myself the question, the taxi driver announced our arrival. I got out and thanked him.

The taxi left. I turned around and looked at the tall white building in front of me carefully up and down.

I have no choice but to enter and take care of that man, huh?

I sighed before entering the hospital building.