21 | Uncle Luke

Istg this chapter is so wholesome im sorryanwnsnsn <3

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

"H-hold on." Luca raised his palm.

"What? You have something to say?" Amaryllis looked up and asked, raising an eyebrow.

Luca looked at the Amaryllis then held his head, feeling confused.

"May I know since when I suddenly become your personal assistant, Young Miss?" Luca laughed awkwardly.

"Since just now. Why, Brother?" Amaryllis replied innocently. Her eyes playfully gazed at the tall man beside her, making him avoid her golden-brown eyes instantly.

Brotherzoned, huh?

Luca mentally cried, getting rid of the invisible tear under his eye with his long finger, making Amaryllis silently laughed out loud inside.

Luke who was just staring at the two for some time finally opened his mouth.

"Are you sure, Miss?" Luke looked at Luca before averting his attention to Amaryllis with a vulnerable expression. He was feeling worried about the decision Amaryllis made. Luke thought it was probably fine if it's Luca, but Abner hadn't agreed to this.

I can't serve Lili anymore!?

Luke objected the idea of Luca replacing him in his heart.

Amaryllis looked at the old man and nodded.

"Tell Father, it's okay. Brother Luca here seems like a decent assistant so I'll work him hard instead since you are busy with Father, Uncle Luke."

Truthfully, Luke was Abner's personal attendant at the office. Amaryllis found out about this fact from her rebirth memories. Somehow she remembered anything she saw with her eyes, from when she was born, a baby, a toddler, and until she was fourteenth-year-old.

Her past self would never know who Luke was, but in her memories, Luke came to the house when she was a little baby, small and helpless.

But it was only for one day.

"Oh my... She really is a cute baby girl..." The young man, Luke widened his eyes when he saw a baby in her mother's arms.

The baby was sleeping soundly, showing a serene expression, having fun in her dreamland. Luke had the urge to touch the cutest baby he had ever seen but was stopped by a deep stern voice behind him, making him look back in horror.

A golden brown-haired handsome man loosened up his red necktie and walked from the opened door towards the them.

"Sorry." Luke faced down, looking up to his friend and pouted. It was so funny, it made Aster Bloom want to laugh loudly but considering the baby was still sleeping, she chuckled lightly instead. Abner sneered at the man next to his wife before talking.

"Luke, we just came back from work, wash up first then you can touch my baby." Abner ruffled his golden brown hair as he was removing his suit with one hand. Aster secretly squealed a bit at the scene.

"Go wash up first, Luke. The baby is not going anywhere." Aster chuckled, making Luke smiled as he rushed outside.

"I'll be back, Lili!" Luke ran out until his footsteps were unheard anymore.

"Now that he's out of the way-"

"Back off, Mister. Go wash up before touching my baby!" Aster slapped away her husband's hand when he was about to touch the sleeping baby's cheek. Abner flinched with a gloomy expression before going out in the same direction as Luke's.

Abner and Luke were actually the best of friends for a long time, that was why Luke could work as his personal assistant.

I wonder why Father assigned Luke to me?

Amaryllis observed Luke up and down thinking about it.

"Is it that obvious?" Luke chuckled softly, making Amaryllis smiled.

"I just know." Amaryllis winked playfully.

Miss, I'm scared of your duality...

Luca looked at Amaryllis, dumbfounded by the girl's cheeky demeanor. She wasn't like this before!

"Ehem." Amaryllis fake coughed, making Luca drove away his thoughts.

"Go down first." She ordered and Luca did exactly that. No questioning what so ever. When he left, Luke mumbled.

"If you need anything, call me, Miss. I'm sorry to have come late when you were in trouble..."

"I was in another city when you called..." He continued in sorrow, making the girl gasped with a troubled look. "Oh my, I didn't know that, I'm sorry to have bothered you..."

The old man shook his head with a thin smile.

"No, it's my fault for neglecting my duty on assisting you," Luke said.

"Seeing you hurt like this really pain my heart." He continued.

"Aw~ Thank you, Uncle Luke for caring about me." Amaryllis smiled happily and cheered. Striding toward the old man with open arms, soon tiptoeing to hug Uncle Luke with one arm, while the other was hanging.

"Oh my- Well, of course. You are my beloved nie-- Young Miss." Luke stuttered as he was surprised by the warm hug given to him.

"What!? I thought I am your beloved niece...!" Amaryllis sulked on the old man's shoulder.

"W-well-"

"...You are my beloved niece..." Luke honestly spilled out.

"Yay!" Amaryllis exclaimed.

"Your father will kill me if he knew we are hugging like this, you know." Luke sighed in worry.

"Who cares! Visit me often or I'll look for you instead!" Amaryllis spitted out, hugging Luke tighter and said,

"You are Father's beloved friend for a long long time, you are a family~"

"N-now now..."

"J-just how can you know so much...?" Luke nervously laughed and let go of the hug to look at Amaryllis' eyes.

"Doesn't matter~" She grinned.

"Aster?" He guessed.

"Maybe?"

"Haha, you... really change so much, Lili." Luke moved his hand and pat the youth's head.

"Yeah..."

"Is it a bad thing?" The girl questioned in a sad tone, pouting her lips.

Istg my uncle heart is quacking.
Lili stop- I'm on my fifty-s already like Abner-

"Of course not." The old man smiled assuredly, patting his niece's head again.