8 | Hospital

I noticed, by seeing the faces of the thugs, that they were very annoyed by the sudden intruder. Yet the handsome man was still smirking like he got something up his sleeves.

I didn't know if I should feel relieved or scared but the result would eventually come.

In a second, the four of them began to fight. The three thugs were incredibly fast, but what surprised me more was how that man could keep up.

Seeing the fight was overwhelming but I was blown away by the man's fighting skill. He was able to dodge every attack and attacked swiftly.

The thugs were fast, but he was faster. Every punch, every kick, every slash, and stab - the man dodged them with ease. He was so focused that there was an opportunity for him to attack.

The man quickly uppercut the first thug, I could hear his jaw breaking. Soon, the man kicked the second thug's chest and he was thrown far back from the momentum of the kick. Finally, the man punched the side of the last thug's head and immediately made him faint.

I was so shocked!

The three thugs who were acting high and mighty in front of me earlier were knocked out by a single man in a flash!

I then looked at the man unintentionally. The man was still standing and he seemed to be holding his hand.

Dark red fluid was visibly trailing down his hand and ended up on the ground.

Blood.

He was bleeding!

"Oh my gosh! Are you alright!?" I panicked and hurriedly ran to his side.

"It's fine." He smiled wryly as if he was bearing the pain. From that moment, I knew I couldn't leave him. As a Bloom, I couldn't have a single debt. Not even a debt of gratitude.

"Let's go to the hospital. I'll pay for everything." I spoke softly with concern to the man. I reached for his bleeding hand and covered it with an extra shirt I brought in my bag.

The mysterious man just looked at me and said nothing. He just closed his eyes while I was calling a taxi. When the taxi arrived we immediately got in and soon arrived at the hospital.

"He is fine but he has already lost a lot of blood, I'm afraid he can't leave for a while." The doctor said in concern, looking at the man. His patient was sleeping in the white bed peacefully.

"Alright.." I nodded to the doctor and walked to the exit. Thinking of paying the hospital fee.

"Wait, are you his family member?" The sudden question from the old doctor stopped me and made me look back.

"No. He saved me from thugs just now." I replied.

"Is that so... then do you know him?" He asked while fixing his glasses.

"No, but I believe he went to the same school as me."

"Okay, tell me where it is and we will contact his family immediately."

"Alright-"

"I don't think it's necessary."

"Huh?" I searched for the voice that cut me off and saw the pale man on the bed.

"They are busy so don't bother them." He said with his eyes closed.

"So who will take care of you?" The doctor asked directly with a confused tone. The man soon opened his eyes after hearing the question.

"This lady over here."

I realized where he pointed his finger to.

Me. Of course.

It was totally fine anyway. I wouldn't back out from a responsibility. He did save my life...

"Yes. I will be his guardian until his full recovery." I declared.

"If you ever need me, just contact the number on the form earlier." I continued.

"Alright then. If you'll excuse me, I have another patient to visit." The doctor politely excused himself and exited the door.

As the man and I were alone in the hospital room, I soon realized that I still didn't know his name. It was really late but I need to know.

"Um, excuse me?" I called out to the man who was closing his eyes. Soon his eyelashes fluttered as he opened his eyes and looked at me.

I didn't know why but the things he did make my heart uncomfortable.

"What is your name?" I asked curiously.

"You don't know?" He asked me back with a slightly tilted head.

"What makes you think I know?" I gritted my teeth and asked him in annoyance.

Why should I know you!?

"Pardon me for not introducing myself first earlier," He stopped and locked his eyes with mine.

"My name is Xavier King." He continued.

Wait- WHAT!?

"X-Xavier King!?" I stood up and gulped from the realization of who he was while Xavier just nodded.