12. What the-how the-WHAT!?

Grover's POV

Me and Percy and Annabeth were hanging out. We were all in a canue on the canue lake. We weren't paddling though, we simply let the boat follow the current. Besides if we wanted the canue to go in a certin direction we had Percy.

It reminded me of the good old days. The days when we were inseperable. Before Percy had the burden of the first great prophicy on his shoulders. Percy was 12 when I'd met him, and when I'd met Annabeth she was 7. Now they were both 33 though you couldn't tell by looking at them sense about a month after the giant war the gods had put a spell on both camps so no one aged physically or visably so they only get older if your counting years. And after the war that the wizards had with some nosless dude (I think they said his name was moldywart?) the same spell was put on them.

"Grover!" Annabeth yelled snapping me back to reality. "What, what?" I asked. She and Percy looked at me. "We've been trying to talk too you for three minutes." They told me. "Oh... sorry."

The conch horn blew signaling it was time for dinner. I looked at the sky and saw the sun was already setting. The three of us had come out here right after lunch, had we really been out here that long? Oh well.

----------Time Laps---------

I woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of a twig snapping. (AN in my story the satyr's and nature spirits sleep in the woods but I don't know if and doubt that they actually do.) My eyes fluttered open and I saw Nico ten yards away from me. He looked araound, clearly he didn't see me in the dark. I sneaked up to him and just as I was right next to him I knelt down and softly touched the bottem of his shoe, but I did so lightly enough that he couldn't feel it. He was clearly shadow traveling somewhere and I wanted to know where. If he was sneaking around I wanted to know why. What was he hiding?

I felt myself turning into shadow. The second I was wherever Nico had travled I scrambled away from him and hid behind a tree. He clearly did not notice. He went up to some log by a circle of stones that had three logs and a bunch of kindling in it that had clearly been made for a fire. He started up a fire and pulled out from behind the log-wait! Was-was that a guitar? No way. Nico played guitar? Apperently yes because he began playing a song, and he must sing too because he not only played the song, he sang it.

"I don't know where I'm at

I'm standing at the back

And I'm tired of waiting

Waiting here in line, hoping that I'll find what I've been chasing.

I shot for the sky

I'm stuck on the ground

So why do I try, I know I'm gonna fall down

I thought I could fly, so why did I drown?

Never know why it's coming down, down, down.

Not ready to let go

Cause then I'd never know

What I could be missing

But I'm missing way too much

So when do I give up what I've been wishing for.

I shot for the sky

I'm stuck on the ground

So why do I try, I know I'm gonna fall down

I thought I could fly, so why did I drown?

Never know why it's coming down, down, down.