2

T.W.: self harm

Patton sighed as he walked to class. He hated lying, especially to Virge, but everyone would freak out on him if they knew he cut. He was supposed to be Happy Pappy Patton! Just a fun-loving father figment... but he was so much more than just silly.

"Are you alright Patton?" Logan asked as the depressed boy sat next to him.

"Hmm?" Patton was startled out of his thoughts, plastering on a big smile, "oh! Hey Lo! I'm fine!"

Patton giggled. Logan smiled, starting a conversation. Patton wasn't really listening. God, it was so hard to keep smiling. Everything felt heavy and slow and he felt so tired.

"Patton?" Logan tapped his shoulder, "are you sure you're okay?"

Patton jumped slightly, "O-oh yeah! I'm fine! I just couldn't sleep last night!"

Logan nodded, "Ah, too excited to sleep I presume?"

"Sure!" Patton giggled.

The boy didn't mention that he cried himself to sleep at one in the morning, right after cutting his legs to a bloody mess.

"So, what class got you so excited that you didn't sleep?" Logan asked.

"Oh, um," Patton thought quickly through his classes, "Animal bio."

Logan nodded, "you're starting disections this week, correct?"

"Yeah." Patton grimaced, "I'm really interested in it, but at the same time we're gonna be cutting open little tiny, adorable piglets!"

"They're pig fetuses Patton, not quite piglets." Logan corrected.

Patton pouted, crossing his arms, "still, they look like little pigs!"

"Well, it's not like you're killing them yourself." Logan told the other.

Patton sighed, "yeah."

Logan patted his shoulder, "you'll be fine."

Patton smiled. If only that we're true.