29

"Remus!" Dee yelled as he ran into his boyfriends hospital room.

Right after Remus was kidnapped, there was an awful car crash. The car Remus was in turned on its side, allowing Remus to escape and call the police.

"Hey Dee." Remus laughed lightly, "I'm so high right now."

Celine chuckled at Dee's confused face, "he's on some heavy pain meds."

Dee nodded, giving Remus a soft, quick kiss, "what happened to the others in the wreck?"

"The kidnapper is in jail," Celine told the boys, "Virgil was in the other car. He's in a coma."

"What?" Dee whispered.

"It's my fault." Remus said, "I tried to get out and the guy swerved-"

"Ree," Celine carded her fingers through her son's hair, "You didn't know what would happen, and the doctors said Virgil could wake up in a week."

"A week?" Dee whimpered.

Celine sighed, "He'll be okay. I'm going to check on Roman."

Celine left the boys, going down the hall to the next room. She peeked in to see Roman asleep on Logan's shoulder, Logan was dozing off as well. Patton was still awake, humming softly to Virgil.

The boy didn't notice the door close, or Celine leaving. He was focused on Virgil. Patton squeezed Virgil's hand. His skin was cold and his hand limp.

It was hard for Patton to imagine that just a few hours before, they were watching Winny the Pooh. And now Virgil was comatose.

Patton kissed Virgil's forehead, "I'm sorry. I love you."