23

T.W.: mention of car accident

When Roman woke up, the first thing he noticed was Logan asleep half on top of him on the hospital bed. Logans arm was loosly draped around his waist. He smiled softly and took Logan's glasses off, setting them on the table next to him and grabbing his phone. It was almost two in the morning. Roman sighed. At least they didn't have school tomorrow- well, today.

The door opened and Roman's mom's walked in. The boy raised I finger to his lips, nodding to the sleeping boy. His mom's smiled and nodded. One, Sarah, walked up to Roman and kissed his head.

"How you feeling Ro?" She asked quietly.

"A little dizzy." Roman whispered back.

His other mom, Celine, nodded, "the doctor told us you had a concussion. You got lucky."

Roman nodded and frowned, "I barely remember what happened."

"A car sped through a red light." Celine said, "they hit the back of your bike and caused you to spin and crash. It was a hit and run."

"Oh." Roman whispered.

"Did Logan tell you about the call he got a few days ago?" Sarah asked.

Romans brow furrowed, "what call?"

His mom's looked at each other.

"It was the same person who targeted Dee and Virge." Celine said.

Roman looked down at the boy sleeping on his chest, "oh."

"He probably didn't want to worry you." Sarah combed Roman's hair back, "would you have believed an anonymous call?"

Roman sighed, "no, I guess not."

Celine kissed Roman's forhead, "You have to stay overnight, but we'll be back in the morning to pick you up."

Roman nodded, "okay."

"Get some rest." Sarah whispered.

"Okay. Love you." Roman yawned.

"Love you too Ro." Sarah smiled.

"Goodnight, love you." Celine said, "and don't be angry at him for not telling you about the call."

Roman smiled softly, "I don't think I could be angry at him."

Celine smiled, "get some rest."

Roman nodded. He was asleep before the door closed.