30

T.W.: death

(🙃)

It had been a month since the accident. Virgil hadn't woken up. During the second week, he was put on life support. Today was the day his family decided to pull the plug.

Patton had said goodbye yesterday. He couldn't be there when Virgil died.

Logan and Roman went. The tie wearing boy bitterly noticed that none of Virgil's family was there. It was just him and Roman.

Roman was hiccuping quietly, brushing away tears every few seconds. Logan held his hand tightly. He seemed uninterested, but if you looked closely you could see the slight tremble of his lip and the gleam of unshed tears.

The doctor and nurse came in and silently started turning off the machines. In a matter of minutes, the heart monitor flatlined.

The doctor sighed, "time of death, five-"

The heart monitor beeped. Virgil's chest rose. He was still alive.

Logan fell to his knees, sobbing into Romans chest as they fell to the floor.

"Wha' happn'?" A rough voice spoke quietly.

The doctor and nurse looked shocked.

"Do you remember your name?" The doctor asked.

"Virgil Sanders." The boy murmered.

"What's the last thing you remember?" The nurse asked.

"I's going home fro' Patton's house, then the car tipped." Virgil's eyebrows furrowed, "wha' happn' aft'r?"

"You've been in a coma for a month." The doctor told him.

Virgil s eyes widened, "a month?"

The doctor nodded, "How are you feeling? Any pain?"

Virgil shook his head, "'m just tired."

The doctor smiled, "okay. You have some friends here."

"Hey Virge." Roman sniffed, helping Logan up.

Virgil smiled, "hey."

The doctor and nurse left, telling Virgil he'd have to stay for a day or two.

"Where's Patton?" Virgil yawned.

Logan and Roman looked at each other.

"He... couldn't be here today." Roman whispered.

"Why?" Virgil asked.

Logan sighed, "a few weeks ago, you were put on life support. Today was the day it was being turned off."

"Oh." Virgil whispered.

"We'll tell Patt-"

"Wait," Virgil interrupted, smirking, "I have an idea."