19

T.W.: mention of suicide, self harm, panic attack

(Have fun 🙃)

Virgil was laying back in his bed. It had been a few days since he got home. He missed Patton.

The emo's phone lit up with a text from an unknown number.

Unknown- break up with Patton.

Virgil- tf? no?

Unknown- if you don't, I'll kill him.

The emo took a screenshot of the number.

Virgil- youre the one who called dee

Virgil- screw off or ill call the cops

Unknown- Patton Sanders, 17, born Jan. 15, 2002, pansexual. Clinically depressed, attempted suicide by jumping from the bridge, is a self harmer. Adopted son of Thomas Sanders, 30, born April 24, 1989, gay.

Virgil felt his body freeze. No one outside of their friend group and hospital should know about the attempt or cutting.

Virgil- how tf do you know that

Unknown- silly Virgil, I know everything.

Virgil quickly turned off his phone, throwing it to the other side of his bed. His breathing was quick and sharp. He needed to calm down.

Virgil lunged toward his desk, fumbling for a pencil and a sketchbook. His hands were shaking too much and he couldn't focus. He dropped the pencil angrily, his panic growing.

Virgil collapsed in the middle of his room. When did he take his hoodie off? He felt something in his hand. A razor. When did he grab that?

Virgil fell to his side, his arms were stinging and slick with blood. He couldn't breathe. It was too much.

His door opened. Patton was hovering above him, saying something, but Virgil couldn't hear.

"Virge!" Patton cried, trying to stop the bleeding from the unresponsive boys arms.

Patton wrapped his arms around Virgil, lifting him up and half carrying him outside. He held onto Virgil's arms as they stumbled out to where Thomas waiting in the car.

"What happened?!" Thomas asked, running to help bring Virgil to the car.

"I don't know." Patton sobbed.

"Try and calm him down, well get him to the hospital." Thomas said.

~~time skip ~~

Virgil had to be sedated once they arrived at the hospital. He was out for a while before he woke up.

"Patt?" Virgil croaked.

"Hey Virge." Patton smiled softly.

Virgil smiled back, "hey."

"You have us quite a scare kiddo." Thomas said.

" 'm sorry." Virgil yawned.

"It's okay." Patton carded his fingers through Virgil's hair, "what happened?"

"They texted me." Virgil told them, "the person who called Dee. They said to break up with you or they'll kill you. They knew about the jump."

Patton froze. Thomas placed his hand on his sons shoulder.

"We'll call the police and find this person." Thomas said, "Virge, do you have their number?"

Virgil nodded, "I took a screenshot."

Thomas smiled, "perfect. Well get them, don't worry."