5

T.W.: mention of suicide

Virgil sighed as he sat down in his ceramics class. Normally he would love this kind of creative outlet, but life just had to screw him over more. Remus and Dee were in the same class.

"Well, if it isn't the Emo." Remus giggled harshly, sitting on Virgil's desk, crossing his legs.

Virgil groaned, "what do you want?"

"I heard that this morning you tried to ignore my wonderful boyfriend." Remus smirked.

"So?" Virgil rolled his eyes, "aren't you supposed to ignore bullies?"

"Come now Virgil, don't say such ugly words," Dee smiled coldly, "You used to be in our group after all. Of course then you fell for... what's his name?"

"Don't." Virgil growled.

"Patton?"

"Don't!" Virgil stood quickly, now eye to eye with Dee.

"You don't think he actually likes you back, do you?" Dee laughed.

"Ooh, I can just imagine the rejection!" Remus grinned, "You confess, he let's you down oh so nicely, but it's too late! You're so crushed you go the the bridge and jump!"

Remus laughed his disturbing laugh, "and then! Your so called friends don't even care!"

Remus continued to laugh as Dee lead him back to their desks. Virgil fell heavily back into his seat, shaking. What if they were right? What if Patton doesn't like him? What if his friends didn't care? What if he jumped.

Virgil shook the thoughts out of his head. No, his friends did care for him, Roman proved that last class. His arms and ribs still hurt from that hug. He probably would never know if Patton liked him back, so no chance of rejection there. But jumping off the bridge... that thought wouldn't leave his head.

The emo sighed and brought out his project, a Nightmare Before Christmas themed vase. He rolled up his sleeves and worked on adding texture to the twisting, clay branches. Soon enough, Virgil packed up and headed to his next class, the only one with all three of his friends.