18

Virgil sat on a bench in the park, enjoying his last free day before going back to school. He heard someone sob from the other side of the playset. Curious, Virgil walked around to see Dee crying under some of the steps.

"Dee?" Virgil asked.

He wasn't surprised that the deceptive teen was skipping, but he didn't know why Dee was crying.

"What do you want." Dee spat, scrubbing tears away.

"Nothing, I just- why are you crying?" Virgil sat next to the other.

Tears filled Dee's eyes, "I didn't want to. They said they'd kill him."

"What happened?" Virgil asked.

"I got a call and they said they'd kill Ree if I didn't break up with him." Dee sniffed, "I was so scared. They knew where he lived Virge! They knew everything!"

"Hey, calm down." Virgil said, "take a few deep breaths, it'll be okay."

Dee nodded, buring his face in his knees. He took a breath.

"DEE!"

The teen jumped and crawled out from under the steps. Virgil stood to see Roman marching angrily toward Dee.

"YOU BROKE MY BROTHERS HEART, YOU BASTARD!" Roman yelled, punching Dee in the face.

"Roman! It wasn't his fault!" Virgil shouted as Dee fell to the ground.

"LIKE HELL IT WASN'T!" Roman yelled, breathing heavily.

"Roman look at him!" Virgil gestured to Dee.

The boy was curled on the ground, sobbing quietly. Roman saw the years and his face sofened a bit.

"I'm sorry." Dee whimpered, "I'm so sorry."

"He got a call saying that if he didn't break up with Remus, they'd kill him." Virgil explained.

"Dee." Roman said with an edge in his voice, "do you still love Remus?"

Dee looked up, meeting Roman's eyes with his own heterochromatic ones, "yes."

"Then come on." Roman sighed, pulling Dee up.

"W-what?" Dee stammered, letting Roman drag him.

"We're going to see Remus." Roman said.

Dee gulped, but followed Roman and Virgil. Within a few minutes, they were in front of Remus and Roman's bedroom door.

"Ree? It's Roman." The teen knocked on the door, "there's someone here to see you."

"Is it the hitman come to kill me." Remus replied.

Dee's heart ached, "Ree, it's me. I'm sorry. They said they'd kill you if I didn't- I was scared. I'm sorry."

Dee fell to his knees. Moments later, the door opened. Remus was a mess, well, more of a mess than usual.

"Dee..." Remus whispered, "You broke up cause you were trying to protect me?"

Dee nodded, "I'm sorry, I should have talked to you about it, I-"

"Dee, it's okay." Remus knelt in front of the other, "You were trying to protect me."

"Still, I-"

Dee was cut off by Remus kissing him.

"Just forget about them." Remus whispered, hugging Dee, "I just want you back."

Dee hugged back, "I do too."

"I love you."

"I love you too."