4

T.W.: mention of self harm and suicide

Patton kept a fake smile as he walked to his next class with Logan. Soon Roman caught up to them, uncharacteristically somber.

"You okay there kiddo?" Patton asked, glad for the excuse to let his smile drop.

"It's just Virgil." Roman sighed.

Logan tilted his head, "is he alright?"

"He's cutting again." Roman told them.

Patton heart dropped. Virge was cutting? The cuts scattered on Patton's legs burned a bit. God, he was such a hypocrite.

"He also tried to kill himself on Friday." Roman sighed, breaking Patton out of his thoughts.

"What!?" Logan yelled, sitting at their table.

"He's getting worse." Patton whispered.

"It's that shit therapist he goes to." Roman hissed.

Logan nodded, "I have to agree with you. From what Virge has told us, she's not using any therapy techniques I know of for depression or anxiety, let alone both."

"Well, then we'll just have to be there for him." Patton said, feeling the ach of loneliness claw in his chest, "just like we've always been."

Roman shook his gead, sighing, "here's the thing. He said he didn't contact us cause he wanted to die and cut."

Logan looked startled, "You can't be serious. He wouldn't..."

"He would." Patton whispered.

The depressed boy thought, just for a second, that he might tell them that he felt the same way Virgil did. But...

"That's it! We're having a sleepover at my place!" Roman shouted, gently hitting his fist on the table, "and we're having late night talk about feelings time!"

And Patton wanted to hide everything again. Instead he just giggled, agreeing to be there. It was going to be a long night.