6

T.W.: mention of self harm and suicide

"Virgil!"

Patton ran up and hugged the emo boy tightly. Virgil jumped, but relaxed when he realised it was just Patton.

"Oh, hey-"

"Roman told us that you cut and tried to kill yourself!" Patton cried.

Virgil sighed, "yeah."

"I'm sorry Virge, but-" Roman started.

"No, it's fine Ro." Virgil said, "I should have told you guys sooner."

"Are you feeling better now?" Logan asked.

Virgil shrugged, "a little."

"Good, cause we're having a sleepover at mine tonight!" Roman grinned.

Virgil chuckled, "Alright."

Roman and Logan left to their seats. Patton stayed, oddly quiet as he hugged Virgil.

"Patt? Are you okay?" Virgil asked.

"I don't want you to hurt." Patton whispered.

Virgil sighed, hugging the boy back, "I'm sorry Patt."

Patton sighed, pulling away from the hug, "we should probably go sit down."

"Yeah." Virgil nodded, "hey Patt?"

"Hmm?"

"Sorry for making you worry." Virgil whispered.

Patton smiled, "hey Virge, as long as you're okay the worry is worth it."

The boys walked over to their seats. Roman was going on and on about the sleepover. Logan looked like he was listening, nodding and agreeing with things Roman said, but Patton could tell the smartest boy was absolutely smitten with the dramatic one. Just like how Patton was smitten with Virgil.

"-Patton!"

Romans voice broke the boy our of his thoughts.

"Huh? What were you saying?" Patton asked.

"You were zoning out again, are you sure you're feeling okay?" Logan asked.

Patton nodded quickly, "yeah, I'm just thinking of how fun the sleepover is gonna be!"

Roman laughed, "speaking of the sleepover! What ice cream do you want?"

"Mint chocolate chip." Patton said, "is there any better ice cream?"

Virgil snickered, not looking up from sketching on his notebook, "how about mint moose tracks?"

"Yes!" Roman cheered.

Logan sighed, "there's too much stuff in mint moose tracks. I prefer just plain ice cream flavours."

"Oh, come on Logan!" Roman slung an arm around his shoulders, "it's more fun with more stuff!"

Logan wrinkled his nose, "Please think before you speak."

"Said the one who's mind is in the gutter." Virgil smirked.

Patton listened half-heartedly to the conversation, letting it morph into background noise. He subconsciously rubbed his cuts. The boy wondered how deep he would have to cut to bleed out. If he could cut deeper. Would bleeding out be a peaceful way to die-

"Hey?" Virgil nudged Patton's arm.

Patton jumped, giving him a small smile, "hey."

"You good?" Virgil asked.

Patton nodded, "yep!"

Patton went back to his work, dark thoughts clouding his mind. He would be fine... right?