22

T.W.: car accident

Roman drove Logan home from the dance on his motorcycle. He let Logan get off the bike first before getting off himself.

"Did you have fun tonight?" Roman asked, taking their helmets and putting them away.

"Any time with you is fun." Logan smiled as they walked up to Logan's home.

Roman smiled, kissing his boyfriend, "I love you."

"I love you too." Logan tucked his head under Roman's chin, "be safe driving home tonight."

Roman hugged the smaller boy, "I always am."

"Only because you don't want scratches in your bike." Logan smirked.

Roman made an offended noise, "I also don't want to get hurt! Safety is important!"

Logan laughed, kissing Roman, "I know."

Roman smiled softly, "Goodnight Lo."

"Goodnight." Logan smiled.

The intellectual boy opened the door to his home once Roman left for his bike. Logan was immediately confronted by his parents in the living room.

"Hey Lo," his mother said, "how was the dance?"

"It was a lot of fun." Logan replied with a smile, "but I'm also very tired."

His father chuckled, "okay, we can talk about it tomorrow. Go get your rest."

Logan nodded, "alright. Goodnight."

"Night hon." His mom replied.

"G'night" his father waved.

Logan went up to his room, catching the sight of a figure on a bike outside his window. Roman was stopped at the stoplight next to his house. The only other car there was a small, white, old car who had just stopped as the light changed. Logan watched as Roman started accelerating through the intersection.

Then the white car sped forward.

There was a sickening crunch of plastic and metal as the car collided with the motorcycle. The smaller vehicle went skidding across the road, throwing off its occupant. The white car drove off.

"ROMAN!" Logan screamed, running down the stairs and out the door.

He reached his boyfriends body in less than a minute. Roman's once pristine white suit was now scuffed and torn.

"Roman?" Logan whimpered, gently taking off his dented helmet.

He could still see the faint rise and fall of his chest, but it was almost not there.

"Lo." His father placed a hand on his shoulder, "Your mother called an ambulance and the police, they should be here soon."

Logan nodded, not trusting his voice. A few minutes later, the paramedics and police arrived. They loaded Roman onto a stretcher and into the ambulance.

"What's your relation to him?" One paramedic asked Logan once the police were done with their questioning.

"I'm his boyfriend." Logan said quietly.

"Alright. If your parents allow it, you can ride to the hospital in the ambulance." The paramedic said.

Logan looked toward his parents, who gave their permission. Logan sent them a smile before joining his boyfriend in the ambulance. Then they set off to the hospital.