Doc'

Amelia pov-
   "Are you OK?" I ask as I help the man up.

   "Y..yes, I. T..thank you." He bowed as I saw tears in his dark eyes.

   "No problem, mister." I smiled, turning and about to walk off when I feel a tug. "Yes?" I questioned as I see the man holding my sleeve.

   "S.. sorry but...your name?" He questioned.

   "Hm, Ahme. Nice to meet you mister."

   "I'm John, can I treat you to food?" He questioned and I mean who could pass up free food? Not me!

   "Sure."

(Time skip)
   "So, why were they after you?" I asked, after filling my belly and looking at the man across from me.

   "They want to take money from me, saying it's for the kingdom. This time.. I didn't have the money, my wife, she had gotten sick and I had to buy the medicine." His head was low.

   "Oh, I'm so sorry, is she okay?" I asked feeling sad for the kind man infront of me.

   "Yes, yes she's recovering well." He smiled.

   "So... The kingdom is taking money from the shops?" I asked more seriously.

   "I..I don't know but maybe. I've given into their demands but..." He shook his head.

   "Don't worry, I'll get to the bottom of this." I reassured him.

   "Thank you, and please come if you ever need a doctor's help. I'll definitely repay you." He smiled.

   "Got it doc'. I'll be sure to take you up on that." I wave and walk off, down the streets and back to the prostitution house. By the time I reached, it was dark out and got an earful from the old lady.

   "Where have you been? You have to perform tonight, get changed!" She practically dragged me to my room.

   "Yeah, I got it." I say closing the door on her yelling. I put on a light blue dress with mint green silk patterns, platting my hair in a side-braid and putting on a light blue cloth to cover my face, my emerald green eyes the only thing everyone saw as I scanned the crowd. More than before maybe I should do one of my songs. Jack would be vex he didn't get to hear it. I smile thinking about that. Sitting at the stage, pulling the strings in a different style, I watch as everyone reacts to it. I close my eyes, listening to my piece, relaxing at the smooth ringing of the strings. I finish up and hear everyone clapping. My, this is amazing. I smile and walk off, changing and going out back to practice. I'll have to meet Jack and get to the bottom of things tomorrow.

(Time skip)
   "What are you doing here?" Jack questions as I walk into his office. He worked in the Kou palace for prince Koumei.

   "I have something urgent  to talk to you about." I answer, sitting in the seat opposite his desk.

   "Amelia, did you get in trouble again?" He chuckled but my serious face didn't change as he stopped.

   "I came upon a bunch of ugly men who claimed to be collecting money for the kingdom. They were picking on a kind doctor when I was passing." I explained and his face turned serious.

   "You..." He sighed, "They aren't working for the kingdom but you did good taking care of them. I didn't know this was happening, I'll have to inform the prince. Amelia, thank you for this, we'll take care of it." He smiled.

   "Good." I smiled.

Here is a next one, I hope you enjoy it.