Journey

Amelia's pov-
   I can't even go by carriage. I sigh thinking about this long walk.
   "I mean, at least I'll get some exercise in." I say to myself, why am I even talking to myself though?

Time skip to half a day of walking-
   Amelia was breathless as she stopped at a hotel. She was close to the boarder of Kou, so tomorrow she'll be going through the outer villages.

   "I'll like a room please." Amelia asked as the clerk gave her a key. "Thanks." She walked off, up the stairs to her room and collapsed on the bed.

Skip to a few weeks later-
   "I'm finally at the border!" Amelia laughed as she sat by the outskirts of the outer villages. She pulled out the map and spread it on the grass.

   "Hmm, this is kinda hard, I'm heading north, through the forest..... to another city, to another state then the ocean?....... Ah! I can't even read maps that well, I might get lost." Amelia lied down, taking a deep breath. "At least there have been no problems so far." She sighed.

Amelia's pov-
   "Hey, give up and just come with me!" I heard a gruff voice shout and turned my head to the noise, the map still spread out at my feet.

   "No! You can't do this." I saw a small boy and a girl about my age backed up to a tree. This far out? There isn't even a village that near. I sigh and got up, walking towards them.

   "You shouldn't be doing that." I warned as I glared at the big guy.

   "This is nun' ah ya business! Get lost little boy." He ignored me? Really?? Like I mean the guts these people have. I didn't bother to say anything again as I closed the space between us, grabbing his arm and twisting it to his back. Kicking his feet, he fell to the ground with a thud.

   "Now you see why you should listen to people when they talk? Come on man, I've had a ruff few weeks and then you go and ignore me like that? Hurt my feelings." I said, faking hurt as I placed my free arm over my chest. As I finally look up I realized, "They're gone?" I question.

   "Get off! You let them get away!" The guy started squirming under me so I tightened my hand and he stopped, hissing in pain.

   "What are you talking about? Weren't you just picking on some kids?" I question, now totally confused.

   "No, they are criminals. Diabolical and twisted creatures that fools you and kills you and you let them go." He grunted out. What?? Huh?! No way I did that! This is a joke right??

   "So, you're telling me that those two kids barely over my age are killers? Those innocent looking kids??" I question letting go of his hand and sitting down on the dirt. He took a moment to fix himself, rubbing at his hand and glaring at me.

   "They are creatures not kids. They have been hidden everywhere all over the world and ya won't even know until it's too late. They are few in numbers but very deadly and you let them go!" He shouted and sighed.

   "I'm sorry, I thought I was helping some kids...." I look down, rubbing my neck, "Ah! I know, I'll help you capture them and all will be good." I smile but I just got a glare in return. Man, this is gonna be hard.

Meanwhile-
   "I said NO! You can't do that when we have no evidence of what she did."

   "But we know it happened!"

   "We may know what happened but this is not a matter to take lightly."

   "She's going to become the ruler of Kou? Are you serious?!"

   "There's nothing we can do for now, the best we can do is lay low and plan for another day."

Annnnnnd that's it folks😂😂 I wonder if you understand what that last part is about😏 anyways guys, I'm so grateful for your votes and I'm really glad you are enjoying it. I'm sorry I haven't had the time to update as regular but I hope this makes up for it🤗🤗 Keep safe out there and don't go stressing over school work like I am😂😂