Chapter 6- Not my friend

"I hope you found our recreation center and its amenities were up to your standards, Mr. Gupta." The manager of the center said to Shaurya as he was leaving the vicinity after his workout.

"Definitely!" Shaurya gave a practiced friendly smile. "I'll check out more of the center tomorrow."

"Sure, Sir! Thank you so much for choosing our recreation center." The manager thanked profusely and extended his hand for Shaurya.

"You might want to check the punching bag." Lucky commented as he shook the manager's hand.

"What?" the manager looked at the men confused.

"Nothing," Shaurya said, rolling his eyes. "My friend thinks he is really funny."

"I am serious," Lucky said. "You need a stronger bag in there."

The manager gave a perplexed chuckle, "Sure, Sir. I'll have someone look into that right away. Have a good day!"

"Okay, then. We'll-" Shaurya began, but paused mid-sentence when he heard screaming.

"Leave me!" A child cried out loudly, kicking his legs and trying to wiggle his way out as an employee was hauling him towards the main lobby.

The manager quickly walked over to them, and the manger whispered something to the employee, and both of them disappeared into a room.

"Isn't that Dhruv?" Lucky asked. "Anyways, let's go! You have to be at Priya Sinha's party on time."

Shaurya nodded and began walking, but he couldn't get himself to leave. He felt a strange feeling going through him thinking about Dhruv's crying face.

"Where are you going?" Lucky asked in surprise.

Shaurya didn't bother replying instead made his way to the room where Dhruv had been taken. He practically barged in as if he owned the place.

The manager who had been sitting and watching what seemed like a CCTV footage stood up when he saw Sharuya. "Shaurya Sir?"

Dhruv was not crying anymore, instead, he looked furious as he stood against the wall.

"Is there a problem?" Shaurya asked, pointing at Dhruv.

"No, Sir. There was just an issue with the child. He damaged our property, so.... but we have everything under control. We sorry about the earlier inconvenience."

"I'll pay."

"Sorry, Sir?"

"For the vase. I'll pay for it, and let's not talk about it again. Haven't we all done stupid things as children?" Shaurya said and walking over to the child. "I am sure it was an accident."

The manager cleared his throat, feeling uncomfortable at Shaurya's request. "Sir, it's fine. We'll just contact his parents have this dealt with."

"I insist." Shaurya persisted. "Lucky," he held out his hand towards his friend, who gave him a strange look. "Wallet."

"No, No, Sir. It's okay." The manager turned to Dhruv, "Go back to your session."

"You are not going to tell my mumma?" Dhruv asked suspiciously.

The manager laughed awkwardly, "No, we are not. Shaurya Sir has requested us not, so how can we." Clearly trying to get into Shaurya's good books.

"Thank you." Shaurya smiled and held Dhruv's shoulder when he tried to squirm away. "Say sorry to Mr. Vishnu," Shaurya instructed Dhruv.

Dhruv narrowed his eyes at Shaurya, not impressed by the reprimanding tone in his voice. Looking at the manager, he acquiesced, "Sorry."

Vishnu smiled and nodded, "Let's make sure it doesn't happen again."