Chapter 28- A second chance

Author's note: Hi guys!!! Hope you missed this story.🙈🙈 To those who did I know the update is late but it is here now so I hope you enjoy reading it. Please don't forget to vote and comment if you enjoy reading it. Also please don't forget to read the author's note at the end of this chapter.

"Dhruv," Dhvani said as he tried to pull Dhruv up to a sitting position, but Dhruv struggled to keep lying on the bed with his face buried in pillows.

"Don't be like this on your birthday. You are such a good boy." Dhvani tsked when Dhruv didn't comply. His tears had stopped a while ago, but like a lot of children, he was sniffling and heaving because he refused to give up any opportunity to show his parents how upset he was.

She looked towards Shaurya, who looked as heartbroken as their son.

"Say something." She mouthed to Shaurya.

"What should I say?" He mouthed back with a frantic head shake.

She gave him a pointed look, which made him roll his eyes.

"Champ," he tried to cajole his son, but Dhruv just shrugged off his arm.

"I am not talking to you." Came his muffled response.

Dhvani ruffled Dhruv's hair and kissed the back of his head. "Baby-"

"Not. Talking. You. Too." Dhruv informed as he continued to hid his face.

"Okay then," Dhvani said, trying to change tactics. "Papa, you know what? You give the PS4 to Ankush and then play with him too."

At the mention of his PS4 being given to his frenemy, Dhruv sat up and said, "Noooo," he whined.

Dhvani and Shaurya looked at Dhruv with a smile, which was equal parts amusement and relief.

"Alright. We won't give it to Ankush." Dhvani reassured and wiped his cheeks that were wet from his tears.

"And Papa can't play with him either," Dhruv demanded with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Of course not." Shaurya agreed and came from the floor to sit beside Dhruv. "I'll only play with Dhruv."

Dhruv was still angry, so he continued to sulk till Shaurya began tickling Dhruv.

The room echoed with Dhruv's shrieks as his father continued to tickle him. When he attempted to dislodge and run away, but his mother, who he had thought would save him, betrayed him by holding him down.

Flailing his body, he continued to giggle while his parents laughed.

"I'll stop now," Shaurya said, holding his hands up in surrender when Dhruv began gasping for breath. "But..." He gave a look to Dhvani that had her already moving to the end of the bed to escape Shaurya's malicious plans, but Shaurya grabbed her and fell back on the bed with Dhavni atop of him. "That doesn't mean we can't tickle your mother."

"Shaurya...." Dhvani screamed through her laughs. Just like Dhruv, Dhvani was also very ticklish. A fact Shaurya had exploited a lot in the past.

Dhruv giggled and clapped his hands has Shaurya tackled Dhvani down and tickled the life out of her while Dhvani rolled her head, flailed her body and laughed all while trying to push Shaurya away.

Finally, Shaurya and Dhvani panted and laughed together in their exhausted state. She smiled when he pushed her dishevelled hair away from her face and stroked her cheek with his finger till Dhruv threw himself on top of Dhvani.