Chapter 17- Priya Sinha

Author's note: So, here is the new chapter, guys!! I hope you enjoy reading it. Please please remember to vote and comment if you guys enjoy it. It would mean A LOT to me!!❤

P.S. the chapter is a little shorter because the next few chapters are going to be emotionally charged, so I wanted this chunk out of the way. 😊

Shaurya splashed some cold water over his face as he stood in his bathroom.

He had sat around and mopped for a few hours now, but he couldn't do it anymore. What was done was done. He would never be able to forgive Dhvani for what she did to him and Dhruv; however, now he had to look at the future. In his anger, Shaurya planned to apply for complete custody of Dhruv but quickly trashed the idea. Despite what she had done, Dhvani was still his son's mother. Growing up without a mother, Shaurya and Dhvani both understood the void it had in a child's life. The last thing he wanted was for Dhruv to face that. Eventhough, Dhvani had decided to raise their son as though his father was dead.

They had to come to an arrangement!

He went back to the bedroom and picked up his phone and walked towards the living room.

My house tomorrow at 8

He texted Dhvani. He figured that it would be the best place to meet without any disturbance. When they were together in a room, there was bound to be a fight, and he didn't want anyone else to know. Just when he was about to ask her when she was planning to take Dhruv to the hospital tomorrow, he heard the door knob rattling.

A very few people except him had the house keys. Three people to be exact- Lucky, Priya and the maid.

Guessing it to be Lucky wanting to apologize, he went to open the door and tell him to leave. He couldn't talk to him right now. He needed some more time to get his feelings under control.

When he opened the door, he was surprised when he saw Priya Sinha standing there with a huge smile.

"What are you doing here?"

"This is some way to greet your friend," Priya smirked as she brushed past him into the house. "Did you eat dinner already?"

"No...Priya," Shaurya sighed. "I thought I told you that we were not going to be meeting each other for a while."

"I don't understand why you are behaving like this? It is the media's job to create drama. Remember, the more drama, the more popular you are." She said, laughing at his panic-stricken face.

"That doesn't mean we practically hand them the necessary material," Shaurya said as he sat on the couch beside her. "Recently, they have started spewing too much nonsense. I can't believe how they blew up the hotel room thing."

"Just relax! Who cares?" Priya laughed. "Plus, your ex-wife also thinks it is a good idea. I mean times have changed, huh? Remember that day when we had come back after tryouts in Delhi? She had caused such a drama. Embarrassing all of us. Now, she is contacting my agent to work on an affair angle."

"How would you have reacted if you found out your husband who was supposed to be visiting his ailing father had instead gone for tryouts? That tryout was one of the important ones, and she wanted to be there to support me, but I didn't call to talk to her... On top of that, she noticed your lipstick on my shirt from when you accidentally fell on me."

"But, I just found out when you were almost at your village, and I had to-"

"Whatever the reason, maybe. I should have told Dhvani. And what she is doing is her job. We both know how this showbiz thing works, but I have told her that we are not going be lying to anyone. We are friends and nothing more."