Chapter 30- The wake-up call

Author's note: A new chapter for all you lovely people. Hope you enjoy reading it!😊

Shaurya stood with his back, facing the showerhead to shield Dhvani from the warm spray of water from the shower when she flinched at the sudden onslaught. Pushing her wet hair away from her face, he looked down at her.

She looked up at him and blinked slowly to try and look as seductive as possible. However, given that the fact that a crazy high tech shower system was practically shooting water from different angles, she wasn't sure if she actually succeeded.

He wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her closer to him. She gasped at the sensation of his skin against hers. "How is it possible that you look more beautiful to me every time I look at you?" He asked.

She blushed and wrinkled her nose at the sudden compliment. He really had gotten better with his words. "That's because you are blind in love." She replied, throwing her arms around his neck. Her statement made them both laugh.

"I love you." He declared as he cupped her face; His face suddenly turned sombre. She had seen it every day for the past weeks, but more now that they were living together.

"I love you too..." Dhvani whispered and stood on his feet to kiss him.

"Mumma!" Dhruv's sleepy voice made both Shaurya and Dhvani spring away from each other, startled.

"Yeah, baby," Dhvani yelled, hurriedly turning off the shower to hear Dhruv better. "You are awake. I am just taking a shower. I'll be out in a minute."

"Where is Papa?"

"Yeah!" Shaurya immediately answered. "I am-" Dhvani slapped her hand over Shaurya's mouth to shut him up.  Glaring at him, she mouthed, "What's wrong with you?"

"You both are having a shower together?" Dhruv's confused and scandalized voice travelled through the bathroom door, making Shaurya laugh. Luckily, Dhvani's hand muffled most of the sound.

"No!!!" Dhvani said, trying to sound offended. "Papa is just helping me with turning on the shower. You go watch some TV."

There were a few moments of silence and then some rustling noises followed by Dhruv's "okay."

As soon as Dhvani moved her hand away, Shaurya began laughing loudly. She tsk' ed and slapped his hand away when he tried to hold her again. "It's not funny." She scolded as she stepped out of the shower and picked up a towel to pat herself dry. "What if he tells his friends that his parents showered together?"

"Relax, Dhvani." Shaurya too followed suit to pat himself dry. "He won't even remember it, and you handled it well." He assured.

"Easy for you to say it since you are not going to be the one attending the parent-teacher meeting or sitting on any parent council." She grumbled as she continued to dress.

"What do you mean I won't be attending anything related to Dhruv's school?" Shaurya asked. He stood with only a towel wrapped around his waist, watching Dhvani get dressed.

"I am his father, after all." He added once Dhavni was fully clothed.

"Shaurya," Dhavni placed her hand on his bare shoulders and stepped a little closer to him. "You know we can't do that without someone finding out who you really are. The man at the restaurant last night almost recognized you. As much as I hate the mustache, it was the only thing that saved us."

"Would it be so bad for everyone to know that I was your husband and Dhruv's father?" Shaurya asked quietly as he studied the pattern on the wall behind Dhavni.

She sighed and moved her hands away.

"Sorry. I overreacted." Shaurya said after he cleared his throat. Picking up his t-shirt from the counter, he slipped into it.