Chapter 21- The storm

Author's note: Here is a new chapter!! Hope you guys enjoy reading it. This chapter took a long time to write so please do drop in a vote and comment about what you thought of the chapter. Thank you!❤

P.S. A lengthy chapter ahead. 😅

Shaurya watched Dhvani flabbergasted as she suddenly began to cry in front of him.

"Dhvani?" He asked as he used his hand to tug her under her chin till she looked him in the eye. Trying to figure out what happened suddenly for her to start crying like this. Turns out, even after all these, he was still the idiot who thought about Dhvani more than he thought about himself.

"Where did I lose you, Shaurya? Was anything between us true? Was our relationship that meaningless to you that you didn't even think you should try to talk to me? Explain yourself to me? You sent those divorce papers just like that? Like I was... our relationship was such a burden on you. A burden that you couldn't wait to get rid of. Why, Shaurya?"

Shaurya opened his mouth to ask her what she was saying, but suddenly she grabbed his collar and shook him a little. "Why did you do this to me? To us?"

Shaurya continued to watch Dhvani shell shocked. Each word uttered by her sliced his already wounded heart. What the hell was she talking about?

"Dhvani," He managed to rasp out. "What are you talking about?" Was she seriously accusing him of signing those divorce papers after she had decided she was going to leave him?

"You don't know what I am talking about?" She scoffed and stood up. "Right! You don't know anything." Using the back of her hands, she wiped her face. "Bathroom?"

"Dhvani, what-"

"Do you not have a bathroom in this big house of yours?" She snapped.

He bit back the sassy retort he had on the tip of his tongue and pointed to one of the closed doors.

"Thank you!"

Shaurya watched on as Dhvani limped to the bathroom. Sighing, he sat down on the chair previously occupied by her.

"Oh!" Shaurya suddenly laughed as Dhruv launched himself into his arms.

"Where is Mumma?" Dhruv asked as he seated himself in Shaurya's lap.

"In the washroom," Shaurya replied distractedly.

"Shaurya," Dhruv gave him the same puppy dog eyes similar to Dhvani's. The ones she would use to get her way.

"Hmmm?" He nodded at Dhruv, pushing everything aside and trying to focus only on his son.

"Can I take your PS 4 home?"

Shaurya looked down at Dhruv in amusement. He really had the whole 'I am adorable, so you have to do everything I say' look down to the t. The thought of Dhruv going home, leaving him in this big house all alone was terrifying. Now that he knew he had a son, he never wanted to part from him. "Maybe you can come and play here with me?"

Dhruv's smile dropped, and his face turned thoughtful. "But only till my birthday. Because after that, my Papa is going to live with us, and I can't leave him alone."

Shaurya licked his lips and passed him a small smile. "Dhruv, what has your Mumma told you about your Papa?" He asked softly. "And did she tell you that your Papa is going to live with you."

Dhruv shrugged his shoulders. "Only that I look like him." He said with a grin. "Mumma doesn't say anything about Papa. But when he comes to my birthday party, I am not going to let him go anywhere."