Chapter 7- Being an adult sucks

Trupti racked her brain as she tried to figure out a way to stop Dhruv from telling Dhvani about his meeting with Shaurya. There a was a huge chance that Dhruv would never meet Shaurya again because what are the odds of that happening again, but she was just worried about how Dhvani would take it.

"Massssssiiiiii!!!!" Dhruv yelled from the near the elevator.

Trupti was mentally preparing herself for the impending emotional drama at home as she walked over to Dhruv.

The entire elevator ride up to their floor, Dhruv was bubbling with energy and excitement. Had he already forgotten about him getting angry on Shaurya? If only his parents had the same span of memory when holding grudges.

Dhruv pushed the door open immediately after Trupti unlocked it. "Mummaaa!!!" He screamed and ran into the house, but he stopped short when he saw Dhvani sitting on the dining table, clutching her head. "Are you okay?" He asked, walking over to her.

"No, Dhruv. Don't come near me." Dhvani demanded before an onslaught of sneezes attacked her.

Trupti too looked at Dhvani in concern. "What happened?"

"It was just a headache in the morning, and by the end of the day, it became worse with stupid cold and cough."

"Dhvani, do you need to go to the doctor?"

"No, I'll be fine." She said, blowing her nose. "I just need some medication and sleep."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive!" Dhvani replied in her nasal voice.

"It was probably because you forgot to take your umbrella and got wet in the rain the other day," Trupti said, shaking her head.

Dhvani gave a warning look to Trupti because she knew as soon as Dhruv heard his mother wasn't taking care of herself, he would chew her ear off.

"You always tell me 'Dhruv, don't get wet in the rain; otherwise you will fall sick.' But you always go out in the rain and fall sick." Dhruv scolded with his hands on his hips.

Dhvani smiled at his protectiveness. On days like these, when she was feeling absolutely terrible, all she wanted to do was cuddle with her son, but today she couldn't because she didn't want him to fall sick too. He had after all inherited his weak immune system from her.

"How was your first day at the camp?"

Trupti and Dhruv looked at each other with a guilty look on their faces, but Dhvani was too busy cleaning up her mess to notice it.

"Good," Trupti answered for Dhruv.

"Really?" Dhvani asked with a smile. The camp was expensive and to afford it Dhavni would have to cut down a lot of her expenses, but she would do anything and everything in her power to make her son happy.

"You go and sleep." Trupti instructed. "I'll take care of Dhruv's dinner and homework. Let him sleep with me in my room."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Now go!" Trupti said and quickly added, "And yes, he will be in bed by 9 PM because he needs to follow his timetable." before Dhvani could.

"Okay." Dhvani conceded. "You have to tell me everything about it tomorrow." She said to Dhruv and began walking to her room, but stopped and stepped back. "Do you have some brandy? She whispered to Trupti.

"I'll go get it." She whispered back.

Dhruv watched suspiciously as his mother and aunt whispered something to each other, and then a small bottle was exchanged. "What is that?" He asked with an eyebrow raised.