Chapter 13- Daddy and Baby date

Dhruv reached for his mother's phone as it rang on the bed.

"Mumma, Your phone is ringing!" He announced to his mother who was in the washroom, but when he got no reply, he answered the phone.

"Hello?" Shaurya said in confusion. Why was a child picking up Dhvani's phone.

Dhvani grabbed the cellphone out of Dhruv's hand "How many times have I told you to not pick up my phone without asking me?" She asked angrily after hanging up immediately in panic as soon as she read Shaurya's name on the caller ID.

"But it was ringing and annoying me." Dhruv argued.

"Go sit in Maasi's room for sometime." Dhavni instructed as she sat on the bed trying to calm her erratic heartbeat.

Dhruv grumbled something as he picked up his storybook and walked out of the room, closing the door behind him.

Dhavni took a deep breath and slowly dialed Shaurya's number.

She felt panic seeping in when Shaurya didn't pick up for a few rings.

"Hello." Shaurya answered.

"Sorry I accidentally hung up." She apologized biting her nails.

"Who was the child that answered your phone?" He asked immediately.

She closed her eyes and hit the back of her head against the headboard.

"My friend's son." She lied regretting it immediately. She had promised Dhruv that she would give his father the invitation to his birthday, but she couldn't get herself to talk to him.

"What friend?"

"Do you know all my friends?" She countered.

"He just sounded fimilar." He said and Dhvani could imagine him furrowing his eyebrows together. How was Dhruv's voice fimilar to Shaurya?

"What's his name?" Shaurya asked. "And are you not at home? I thought you go to bed at 9:30 every night."

"What do you want, Shaurya?" She sighed. Why was she such a coward?

"I want you to organize a press conference for me."

"A press conference? Why?"

"I am going to issue a public statement regarding my relationship with Priya."

"Oh really? What is the statement going to be?"

The younger Shaurya would have flown off the handle, but apparently being a national level cricketer had helped him control his emotions better. "That there is nothing between me and Priya. She was my older manager and friend and that's it."

"People are not going to buy it, Shaurya."

"I don't care. I am not going to lie."

"But you are not lying. You are-"

"Not telling the truth is also a lie." He finished.

Dhvani wondered if that was directed at her. Shaking her head, she took a deep breath. "Fine. Do what you need to do. I'll let let you know once I have it all set up."

"Okay." He said.

There was silence on both ends for a while. Not wanting the first to be to hang up. "Dhvani," he began quietly.

"Hmmm?"

The moment they had shared in the boardroom had invoked all sorts of tumultuous feelings within them.

"Would....you... you know... h-have dinner with me?" He stammered. Only Dhavni had this power him. Even after all these years of speaking on countless public platforms and speaking to established people from all walks of life. Heck! He had spoken to the President of the country a few weeks before his suspension. But, here he was stammering like a teenager who was asking a girl out for the first time and not like a man who wanted to speak to his wife, his ex-wife, about their shared history so they could both get a closure.