Chapter 15- The Thief

Shaurya looked up when he heard someone barging into Dhruv's room.
Dhvani? He watched her in confusion for a while. What was she doing here?

"Mumma!" He heard Dhruv's voice calling out to her.

At first, Shaurya thought that Dhruv was mistaking Dhvani for his mother, but he saw the way his body relaxing and eyes lightning up; Shaurya knew there was no mistake.

Dhruv Gupta? That was the name that she had picked for her son...Their son.

Once his brain and heart grasped the idea of Dhruv being his son, they began working overtime. His heart was beating so hard and fast against his ribcage that it started hurting. Well! Good thing he was in a hospital. While his brain couldn't fantom that his Dhvani could be so cruel to him, even after all that she had done, he still hoped that she loved him, and them separating was due to a been a big misunderstanding. Something that they could figure out together. After all these years, maybe now they will be able to be the partner they each deserved. However, now, the only thing he felt towards Dhvani was hatred.

Dhruv's voice echoed in his ears. Although, he couldn't hear properly because it was masked by the sound of blood roaring in his ears.

Dhavni dropped her purse on the end of the bed and raised her hand to touch Dhruv.

However, she quickly pulled back and looked at Shaurya in anger. "What the hell did you do to my son?" She yelled.

Shaurya tried to take deep breaths to calm himself down. He didn't want to do anything that he shouldn't do. How could Dhavni hide the fact that he had a son?

Just as he was about to yell at her for accusing him of doing something as vile as hurting a child, Dhruv spoke again. "Mumma."

"Yeah? I am right here." She cried as she rained kisses on Dhruv's face. "Is it hurting too much? Are you okay?"

Dhruv shook his head. "I didn't cry a lot. Even when the doctor poked me with needles. The doctor said I was a good and strong boy. Right, Shaurya?"

Dhavni was confused. How did Dhruv know Shaurya, and what was he doing here with him?

Shaurya blinked away his tears and passed Dhruv a tight-lipped smile, which Dhruv returned with a huge grin of his own.

Shaurya wanted to hug Dhruv. His son. He watched on as Dhruv hugged Dhvani, and also grinned at him from her shoulder.

"How many times have I told you to be careful about what you eat?" Dhvani chided as she helped Dhruv into her lap. "What do you ask before you eat anything?"

"I am al-alg-allergic to pineapples. Does this have any?"

"Then why.... never mind." Dhvani sighed and hugged Dhruv tightly. She looked at Shaurya, but his attention was focused on Dhruv. He hadn't felt so overwhelmed in a long time. The last time was when Dhvani had left him. He didn't know what he should do or feel. So many thoughts. So many things he wanted to say and do, but he held himself back.

"Are you still mad at each other?" He asked carefully, looking at Shaurya and Dhvani.

"What?" Dhvani asked in shock. Had Shaurya told him the truth? But how could he have? It's not like he knew the truth himself.

"You won't tell Maasi, right?" Dhruv held out his pinky.

Dhvani shook her head and grabbed his fist. "What are you saying?"

"First-"

"Dhruv!"

He knew that tone well enough. His mother would use it when she was upset, and he hated it. So, he began talking, "Maasi told me you and Shaurya were friends, and you had a fight. Lb to keep it a secret that I met Shaurya at the centre. Also that I invited him to my birthday party."