Chapter 14- The Pineapple Attack

"Dhruv!" Shaurya screamed in absolute horror as Dhruv passed out in his arms.

He noticed that red stripes all over his neck and face had become more prominent. Immediately, realizing Dhruv had an anaphylactic reaction to something. Picking up Dhruv in his arms, he gently shook him. "Dhruv!" He called out again.

"Sir?" The server came rushing to his side.

"Call the doctor!" Shaurya demanded hysterically.

The server nodded and scurried away behind the counter to do the same.

Soon the paramedics arrived and began examining Dhurv after pushing Shaurya out of the way because he refused to let go of Dhruv.

"It is anaphylaxis!" Shaurya screamed when he thought they were taking too long.

One the paramedics nodded at Shaurya. "Sir, please relax. Let us do our job."

They quickly transferred him to a stretcher. "Have you informed the parent?" They asked the manager, who nodded vigorously.

"On his file his mother had informed that he was allergic to pineapples." The manager whispered.

"He just ate a sandwich which had pineapples. And what are you waiting for? Why aren't you doing anything?" Shaurya snapped.

The paramedic just shook his head and instructed his assistants to carry the stretcher out to the ambulance.

"Sir," the manager stood in front Shaurya just as he was about to enter the ambulance behind the medics. "You don't need to bother. It was his fault for not taking care of what he is eating. I'll send one of the assistant managers. The boy's mother should also be on her way. I promise your name won't be mentioned anywhere."

Shaurya looked at the manager in anger and frustration. The only thing that probably bothered him was the negative publicity his club was going to get because of this incident. Not saying anything, he just brushed past the manager and settled into the ambulance.

As soon as the doors closed, the medics cut open Dhruv's clothes and injected him with epinephrine making Dhruv flinch at the pain and Shaurya's heart clench.

"He'll be okay, right?" Shaurya asked when they placed an oxygen mask over Dhruv's mouth.

"Yes, he should be. We will keep him under observation in the hospital till his parents come."

Shaurya sighed when he finally saw Dhruv slowly opening his eyes.

"He will have difficulty in talking and breathing for a while."

Shaurya nodded and gently held Dhruv's hand. Running his fingers through Dhruv's hair, he leaned down to whisper against his ear, "Don't be scared. I am right here." He promised.

Dhruv's eyes fluttered open. "M-mu-mma." his voice was a hoarse whisper. It took a while for Shaurya to understand that Dhruv was asking about his mother.

"She will be here soon." Shaurya said wiping Dhruv's tears. It was obvious that the child was scared. Despite, his liking towards Shaurya, he was a practically a stranger.

"Are you guys related?" One of the staff members asked.

Shaurya shook his head. "No."

"You can go home, now. You know if you are not related. We got it from here."

"I can wait till his parents come." Shaurya quickly said.

He paced around in the waiting area while the doctor re-examined Dhruv. He was hyperventilating till the doctor came and told him Dhruv is completely fine and could go home as soon as his parent or gaurdian came.
-
-
-
Dhvani rushed into work that morning. Quickly setting her purse on the desk, she turned on her laptop.