Chapter 2: False charges

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

3rd Person POV:

Naofumi: Huh ? it's not here. The money I got from the king, my chain-mail... All of my stuff, gone... You're kidding me, a thief ?!

Guard: SHIELD HERO ! YOU ARE UNDER ARREST FOR SUSPICION OF RAPE AND MURDER !!

Naofumi: Huh ? What, no ! I'm the victim here ! My stuff was stolen ! SOMEONE LISTEN TO ME !

King: From the moment I laid eyes on you, I knew you would bring nothing but trouble. You... YOU FIEND ! I WONDERED WHEN YOU WOULD SHOW YOUR TRUE COLORS !!

Naofumi: Wha... This must be some kind of mistake ! I'm sure if you ask Y/n or Myne...

Motoyasu: You... How dare you pronounce his name, after you murdered him !! Don't act like you don't remember !!

Naofumi: Wait, hold on... that chain-mail... Where did you...

Motoyasu: What, this ? Myne gave it to me. We happened to meet at a tavern yesterday...

Myne: A... After that... the shield hero entered my room, completely drunk... H-He... Forced me down and...

Naofumi: Huh ?

Myne: I... Was so frightened that I screamed. Then the staff entered the room and tried to calm him down, but... He was murdered in cold blood before my eyes !! So I ran away, until I found Lord Motoyasu...

Motoyasu: Myne...

Naofumi: 'Wh-What's she talking about ? What is going on ?!'

Itsuki: I had a feeling that you were here for a different reason than us...

Ren: Same here. You probably just confused yourself for being a higher class than you are.

(A/n: That's right, after all you're not a politic-*BANG*)

Motoyasu: I never though you would be the type to commit such a crime ! Someone like you, HAS NO RIGHT TO BE A HERO !!

Naofumi: 'Why... Why do I have to be insulted like this ?! Myne...'

 Naofumi: 'I've been duped !! But then

Naofumi: 'I've been duped !! But then... What happened to Y/n ?!'

Naofumi: Now that I think about it, she never called anything but heroes, and yet she calls Motoyasu by his name... So that's how it was...

Motoyasu: Huh ? What are you talking about...

Naofumi: Don't play dumb with me ! You played me to get the gear and the money, didn't you ?!