Chapter 2-11: Apprentice

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

"And this is the whole situation now."

Naofumi: "Lord Dumbass"... Good choice.

"Thanks, I knew you'd appreciate it. With that, this is Rishia, who will be working under me as my student from now on."

Rishia: I- I look forward to working with you...

Filo: Don't be nervous ! Master is a good master !

Rishia: U- Um... I have a request... P- PLEASE LET ME WEAR A CHARACTER COSTUME !!

"... Why ?"

Rishia: When I was kicked out of Lord Itsuki's party, they took back the costume.

"Weren't they forcing you to wear it though ?"

Rishia: Yes, that's correct.

"And your point is ?"

Rishia: I really liked it ! Because they didn't find out even if I was feeling down !

"... This girl will be a real piece of work..."

Naofumi: Our destination has been set. Since the island is still recovering, leveling-up on this island is over. We'll head back to the castle.

Rishia: ... ...

"Itsuki is on another ship, he's not here. While I'm at it, you're prohibited from meeting with Itsuki. And don't even think of stalking him."

Rishia: WHAT ?!

"Nothing good will come of you meeting that dumbass again."

Rishia: That... Do- Don't speak bad of him... Please...

Raphtalia: You'd cover him even after all that happened ?

Rishia: ...

Raphtalia: So he's really important to you, Rishia... He'll come to understand you someday. Let's work hard together.

Rishia: Y- You too, Raphtalia... ?

Filo: Filo too ! Filo too !!

Raphtalia: Goodness, Filo...

Naofumi: I have a strange feeling of alienation right now...

"Well, as long as they understand each other..."

Melty: Welcome back ! Mother ! And Filo and everyone too !!

Filo: Mel !!

Mirellia: Did anything happen during my absence, Melty ?

Melty: No, everything went smoothly.

Mirellia: Very well.

Melty: Mother, on your command, I've put together a list of candidates who seem promising. Those who've sided with the church of the three heroes and were thrown in or demoted have been excluded.

"Is there anyone promising ?"

Mirellia: It will depend on the negotiation, but I'll do what I can. We have two and a half weeks until the next wave at Melromarc. We have to do everything we can until then, otherwise we can't put anything we've learned from the last wave to use. If you have any other requests, I'll do my best to support it.