Chapter 2-15: Getting a-head of ourselves

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

"... Are you sure ?"

Shadow: yes. I have also confirmed, although it was from a distance, that the mountains of Reiki are moving. According to sources, it is headed toward our neighboring counties and has already crushed three fortresses and cities... It looks like it is headed West while trampling over densely populated areas. After all, if such a tremendous beast moves towards them, all those small countries, there's nothing they can do. The country in question, Reiki, is also unreachable, even through our brethren, but most likely...

Naofumi: It was destroyed... ?

Shadow: The information we last received was that, when the turtle began moving, the three heroes went to challenge it...

"... And ? What happened then ?"

Shadow: We don't know if they are either alive or dead.

Rishia: LORD ITSUKI !!

"Calm down, we don't know for sure. These guys surely got their asses handed to them, but I doubt they died."

Naofumi: These guys are so annoying, they will find a way to come back just so they can rub it in our faces.

Shadow: It's as you say. We have a technique to confirm the status of the holy heroes. But, right now, we're currently waiting for information from the Fourbure church.

(A/n: After a bit of research, it appears that "Fourbure", which is a french word designating a foot disease, is here the contraction of "Four brave", basically the Church of the four heroes, which cathedral isn't actually located in Melromarc.)

"So, what do we have to do now ?"

Shadow: For now, accompany us. We've formed an alliance for fighting against the spirit turtle with the neighboring countries.

Naofumi: Alright. Let's go to the allied force.

King: What are the holy heroes doing ?!! The only ones present here are the Shield and Staff Heroes, and from what I heard, the whereabouts of the other three are unknown !

Kings: It is the heroes responsibility to save the world !! Did they run away fearing for their own lives ?! Despicable !! This will be Melromarc's responsibility, right ?!

Mirellia: ... Firstly, let me apologize for causing this misunderstanding. The three heroes went to stop the spirit turtle. They predicted the spirit turtle's awakening before we could, and then left Melromarc In midst of this confusion, I apologize for the lateness of this information.

Naofumi: 'Well, that's not a lie.'

'The ability to play with words like that, I don't think any of us heroes can compete with her on that..."

King: But the spirit turtle is still moving, right ? Are the three heroes already...

Mirellia: the three heroes are still in good health. Most likely, they're next to the turtle still fighting against it.

"... Why are we always the last ones informed..."

Naofumi: Is that true ?!

Mirellia: Yes. We just received the reply from the church. If an accident had happened, we would have let you know. That's why, at the moment...