Chapter 2-7: Arrivederci...

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Sailors: EVADE ! EVADE ! We need to get away from the fissure !

"How much damage did we take ?!"

Sailor: The flagship has suffered no significant damage, but several ships of the vanguard seem to have been swallowed up !

"Get the help of the aquatic semi-humans, they'll be able to help those who are drowning ! Send signals to the other ships, so they do the same ! AND SOMEONE PLEASE WAKE UP NAOFUMI !!"

Naofumi: Ugh... My head...

 Raphtalia: Naofumi !! Are you all right ?

Naofumi: Yeah... I just hit my head a bit.

"You're awake, good ! As you can see, the aerial attack caused some chaos, but we're regaining our position."

Naofumi: ... When did your "General" switch got flipped ?

"I've always loved strategy games ! But as expected, I don't come as close as someone."

Mirellia: WE SHALL NOW RETURN TO OUR FORMATION !! KEEP YOUR DISTANCE, AND ENCIRCLE THE MONSTERS !! I shall not let my country be threatened again !

Raphtalia: The adventurers seem to be doing good work as well.

Naofumi: I see. We'll be able to avoid fighting the small fry this way.

"Which means... We'll have to deal with that one."

 Naofumi: But this is problematic

Naofumi: But this is problematic... As a shield-wielder... can I even do anything here ?!

Mirellia: Of course you can ! Please, protect this ship, Shield hero !

Naofumi: Ship... You mean, that entire thing ?

Mirellia: yes, that's right. Several ships have already been lost to that monster. If you could only grab its attention somehow... We're all counting on you !