Chapter 2-13: Familiar situation

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Mirellia: the subjugation of mysterious monsters, and participation in the wave that will occur one week from now. Achievement of these two conditions will lead to your freedom.

"Mysterious monsters ?"

Naofumi: What is it...

Mirellia: Right now, it is something that is troubling every country... The other day, it also appeared in our country... There are many unclear parts because the testimonies from different countries do not match up. But it seems that its distinctive feature is that a part of its body has a shell, and that it is forming a swarm that will come from the East.

"Even though it isn't part of the wave... ?"

Mirellia: Yes. The reason for that is under investigation. Either way, because these are occurring at the same time, it's getting out of hand. The case with the mystery monsters and the wave, both of these matters require to be handled with haste. In addition to this, it is the perfect opportunity to re-evaluate your worth as heroes.

Mirellia: Please, by all means, save our World, heroes.

Motoyasu: ... GOT IT ! BRING IT ON !! AFTER THAT, WE'LL BE FREE !!

Naofumi: 'From all the past experiences, there is no way that they'll be able to do it.'

'They'll get wrecked, we'll have to save them and deal with the problems they will cause as well as the original problem, they'll be whiny about that, they'll leave, and we'll have to start the whole thing over again. Classic.'

Naofumi: 'Her majesty may also be anticipating that as well... I have a bad feeling about this...'

Blacksmith: So let me get this straight: The training is on hold and you'll be going out to hunt monsters instead ? Is it that thing from the other day ?

"The rumors already spread out that much ?"

Blacksmith: Well, yeah. A lot of requests are also going to the adventurers too. My business is thriving because of it. I thought that it was a case where small fries appear in large numbers, which happens sometimes. It sounds dangerous because the heroes are participating, even with the wave coming soon.

"Everything in the castle does feel busy... We just didn't have time to worry about it until now."

Naofumi: Well, this is why it's earlier than planned, but have they been completed ?

Blacksmith: Yep.