Chapter 23: The legend of the Staff hero.

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

"You say that, but our fight is far from over. Everything that happened until now was but to prepare us for what's about to strike..."

Mirellia: Is it that time already... ? The final wave of calamity ?

"Mh ? I though no one know about this old legend nowadays... Even Fitoria barely knew anything..."

Mirellia: So you met the legendary filolial queen. This is an old tale indeed, but it was passed down each generation of the royal family, from the foundation of this country. And I believe the same has happened with the other as well...

"The legend of the first hero ?"

Mirellia: Precisely. If you wish, I could tell you the entire thing; but I believe it would be wise to not tell the other heroes yet. The shield hero can be trusted, so I don't think it would cause any problems, however, the other three still resent you, for what you've done.

"Being saved by the one hero they designed as 'powerless' is not something their egos can accept so easily... I will listen to you. What is that legend really about ?"

*Long ago, in fact way before the 5 countries we know today were founded, monsters and demons roamed this land freely, terrifying and mercilessly slaying the inhabitants.*

"Kinda grim, may I say..."

Mirellia: Indeed. Although this is merely a legend. Even I do not know what is true and what was added afterward.

*Unable to fight back, unable to run away, and left completely helpless against those never-ending waves, the ancient people did the only last thing they could. They prayed. Day after day, week after week, month after month, for entire years, they prayed, until, one day...*

*Something, someone, far away, answered their call, their cry for help, thus marking the appearance of the one who will become the first hero, the staff hero.*

"So, was he summoned here from another world, like us ?"

Mirellia: That is still unknown. No one know if he was truly summoned here, or if it was simply a powerful mage that suddenly appeared.

"From what I already learned, the summoning theory would be the good one."

Mirellia: You met him ?

"Not quite. Let just say I encountered an 'echo' of him, that resided within the staff."

*Armed with mighty magic, and spells no one had ever heard of before, the hero single-handedly vanquished the waves, forcing the monsters to retreat in the darkness.*

"That reminds me of something."

Mirellia: It should. According to the legend, the Staff hero had the power to create the magic. He wasn't using it, he was creating it.

Naofumi: Is this why you got your skill, the "spell creation" ?

"W- When did you guys got here ?"

Raphtalia: we saw you leaving the banquet room with the queen, so we followed you here. We've heard everything until now.

"Mh. I was planning on telling you guys anyways, so it doesn't really change anything."

*The hero knew that it was only a matter of time, and that one day, the wave would come back. He traveled across the whole continent, uniting everyone under his banner, and created an immense empire.*