Chapter 2-18: Core

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

'We're in a bit of a predicament here... A dead end, three enemies, in a tunnel...'

"I take it that you guys aren't completely uninvolved with whatever is making that turtle going berserk, are you ?"

L'Arc: ... We-

 Rishia: F- Familiars ?! FROM THE WALLS ?!!

"Battle formation ! Filo, deal with the one in the front ! Rishia, make sure they don't overthrow us from behind !!

Filo/Rishia: Yes ! /Y- Yes !!

"As for you guys, don't even think you're out of this ! [HIEROPHANT GREEN] EMERALD SPLASH !!"

"In the end, they still got away..."

Filo: Did they deflect it ?

"No, Filo, they got covered by a wall of familiars... We really didn't needed that on top of everything else..."

Rishia: But... If the familiars helped them escape, then...

"We have the certainty they at least know what's going on... For now, let's reunite with the others, they need to know what's going on..."

Naofumi: You're kidding, right ?

"I wish I was..."

Naofumi: L'Arc and Co...

"What is beyond me is how they managed to escape without running into any of you... Where did they disappear in a straight path..."

Shadow: There may be some hidden passages around here.

"Hidden passages... Filo, were you able to smell the presence of the familiars ?"

Filo: I smell it everywhere. The walls, the floor...

Elrasla: It may be because we're inside the turtle.

Eclair: So even miss Filo's sense of smell doesn't work here, huh.

"Wait. In that case, is there a place where it's stronger ? You know, a place that feels weirder than the rest ?"

Filo: Mmmmm... Here... Maybe ? It feels just like a little bit stronger though... It seems soft.

Ost: Now that she mentions it... It gives a different feel than the rocks surrounding it.

 It gives a different feel than the rocks surrounding it