Chapter 12: A second princess ?

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Doctor: This... This is a curse. And a strong one. Was the dead dragon cursed with it ?

Naofumi: N-No...

Raphtalia: I touched its rotten flesh by mistake.

Doctor: I see... A curse is best cured by holy power...

"What is that ?"

Doctor: It's holy water.

Naofumi: Will it cure her ?!

Doctor: No, i'm only giving her first aid. It will take a lot of time to treat her... I recommend stronger holy water. You can get some in a village with a big church. Now hold on, this will sting.

Naofumi: I'm sorry. I should've protected you guys... But I decided to run away, because I didn't want to lose anyone, over this kind of thing...

Raphtalia: no, you weren't wrong. Courage and recklessness are two different things.

"Yeah, that, and also...Caution and cowardice are two different things as well. But, now that I think about it, I wonder why the dragon disappeared by itself..."

Naofumi: Certainly, my flame wasn't strong enough...

Filo: Maybe because I gulped it down ?

"Gulped what ? On second thought, I remember you ate something..."

Filo: Yeah... It tasted bad so I left it aside.

 Filo: This was in a corner of its belly

Raphtalia: Don't tell me it moved the dragon ?!

Naofumi: ... Why do you eat just anything... My goodness.

"Hey, that was a laugh, wasn't it ? You just laughed !"

Raphtalia: He really did ! I'm so glad !! You've been looking troubled ever since we returned here... Just as we care for us, we also care for you very much.

"You may have noticed it already, but We'll say it as many times as necessary. You're not alone, Naofumi. We're all together in this huge mess of a situation."

Raphtalia: Let's all work hard together.

Naofumi: ... Yeah. How reliable of you... 'They're no point in worrying alone... Heroes alone can't bring peace to the world...'

"And that's something the other three dumbass don't seem to understand."

Naofumi: Please stop reading my thoughts...