Chapter 13: Melty

" ": You talking

' ':You thinking

* *: narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Blacksmith: So ? Why my store ?

Raphtalia: We're sorry. We couldn't find a better place nearby...

Naofumi: First of all, let's begin with your real name.

Melty: yes. Let me introduce myself again. I am... Melty Q. Melromarc, the second princess, and apparent heiress to the royal throne.

"Apparent heiress ?"

Melty: Aneue has been a troublemaker due to her personality since she was little, so I'm higher now.

"You can be honest and say she's a spoiled bitch rotten to the core, you know."

Naofumi: Hm... Well, now it's clear. Filo, you mustn't play with her from now on.

Filo/Melty: What ?!

"Naofumi, as long as I'm concerned, I'm the one here to give orders to Filo, and I allow her to play with Melty."

Filo: Really ?

"Yes, just be sure to tell us where and when you're going to play."

Naofumi: Y/n, what makes you so sure she can be trusted ?!

"Simple. Myne don't like her, that's enough reason to believe she's a good person. Plus, Filo's really good at revealing a person's true personality."

Naofumi: You don't understand... I should've realized earlier that something was fishy. Like, a kid being there alone ! What was your purpose approaching us with your identity hidden ?

Melty: T-That's a misunderstanding ! I just thought you were...

Naofumi: Who knows ? The villagers knew my identity, so you could have figured it out. You said you got close to Filo because you loved filolials. I see ! You're after Filo. Aren't you actually plotting with Motoyasu ? You can't trick me no matter how thorough your scheme is.

Melty: Wait a second ! Please listen to me firs-

Naofumi: Your sister and father didn't even reason with me, let alone listen to me. Unfortunately, I can't trust you, who are of their blood.

Melty: ... Ugh.

Captain: Excuse me. Lady Melty, so you're here. Please accompany us, his majesty has called for you.

Melty: ... Understood. See you again, Filo.

Filo: Yeah, see you later !

Raphtalia: Naofumi, shouldn't you at least have listened a little ?

"She's right, you went a little too far."

Naofumi: Hmph.

Soldier: ... Excuse me. Mister Shield hero...

Naofumi: Wh-What ?! Aren't you the guy from that time... You too should leave already !

Soldier: No ! I can't leave ! I saw you during a patrol in town. We all decided to ask you to hear us out. So... I can't pull back here !

Naofumi: ... Damn. Okay, I got it ! I'll hear you out, so speak !

Soldier: T-Thank you !! Actually... Please let us soldiers, go with you during waves !!