Chapter 19: Queen candidate

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Fitoria: Wahhh... Delicious !!

Filo: Right ? master's cooking is good, right ?

Fitoria: Yeah.

Melty: If you look from here they almost look like sisters !

Raphtalia: You're right ! As expected of the same species.

Naofumi: Even their messy way of eating is the same...

"Well, leaving that aside... Did you know that was dragon soup ?"

Naofumi: What did you say ?

Fitoria: I told you not to. One of the four sacred heroes should not allow a creature like a dragon inside them...

Naofumi: It's an important part for strengthening my sword. And...

Fitoria: And ? I sense a trace of evil within that shield. Cursed power is indeed powerful but the price to pay is great. You mustn't use it.

Naofumi: Dragon components and the shield of rage, are both necessary for us to stay alive. If you insist on forbidding it, then we will part here.

Fitoria: I understand. Do as you wish.

"Even though you say that, you're still eating almost all of our food."

Fitoria: I hate dragons, but the fact it's delicious can't be helped.

Raphtalia: Um, Naofumi...

Naofumi: AH, GEEZ. I GET IT !! BRING US FOOD AND A LARGE POT. WE'LL MAKE SOME MORE !! FOR EVERY LAST ONE OF YOU !!

"This is gonna be a long evening... Let's go, [PEARL JAM] !!!"

Naofumi: ... What are we even doing...

"You mean, beside feeding a hundred filolials all at once ?"

Raphtalia: Thanks for the hard work.

"We came here because she said she had to speak to us, but..."

Naofumi: Ever since she arrived, those two's stomachs have been rumbling. They just eat and then go straight to sleep... That can't be helped.

"So much has happened lately, after all... Maybe here They can at least have a good night of sleep."

Naofumi: So this is the country the first hero protected... It almost seems like ruins.

"There's no people around but us, and there's a lot of fog around here too. Could this be some sort of sacred ground for the filolials ?"