Chapter 2- Vixennose the Mommy

"Move away from mommy!" Brightkit hissed meanly to Twilightkit. The black tiny she kit shook her head aggressively. I want to be with Vixennose!

The sun was already swallowed by land and stars begun to born from the endless water. The speckles of light was clear tonight without clouds to block their ancestors. Out in the camp, few cats were still awake quietly sharing tongues. Soft whispers and purrs were heard from the nursery. 

"I'm going to sleep with mommy tonight." Twilightkit declared. Hollykit was about to retort when a hush came over and stopped a wailing kits.

"Kits, be nice to each other. I'm a big cat so you all just snuggle next to me." Vixennose gently said gathering her kits by her tummy. Twilightkit softly purred by the white she cats warmth. Hollykit squeezed in almost knocking off her paws. Hollykit and Brightkit is so big!

When the kits were cramped up they started to complain.

"Why does Twilightkit have to sleep with us? Why can she not sleep with her mom." Hollykit argued while nudging Brightkit out of the way. Twilightkit was confused why Hollykit said her mom. Vixennose is my mommy! 

Expecting Vixennose to stand up for her, she opened her eyes wide pleadingly. The crystal blue eyes stared directly at the white furred queen. But the queen remained silent. She bit her downer lips lightly. Twilightkit meowed angrily.

"Say something mommy!" Twilightkit wailed snuggling even closer to Vixennose's fur. Vixennose stared at the black she kit eyes full with horror and sadness. Her eyes turned away gazing somewhere else to avoid meeting the smallest kit's eyes. What was the white queen hiding from her?

"Twilightkit listen closely. I'm not your mother, but I—." Before the Queen could finish, Twilightkit jumped up.

"You're my mommy!" She said aggressively. "Than who is it if you were not?" Twilightkit hissed with anger but had a hint she was filled with worry and fear. Is that why Brightkit and Hollykit is bigger than me? Is that why all the cats were happy when she spoke to them? But none of that matters. Twilightkit only cared about Vixennose. She had to be her mother. Who else would be?

"I, I don't know." Vixennose once again avoided meeting the blue pair of eyes. Twilightkit ran out of the nursery without thinking. She ran until the mews were out of her ear. She heard the white queen's cry but ignored it.

Her legs moved fast as ever as one paw step and one paw step became slower. Shaken legs slightly dogged the palm trees. She broke the warrior code. But what was different? If Twilightkit was not a daughter of Vixennose she wasn't clan blooded. 

"Stop!" A voice yowled and leaped on top of the black she kit. The cat was twice her size as she hit the sand with an oof  that made her swallow sand. Twilightkit struggled to see the attacker and she could not identify who it was because of the dark night.

"You brat! You could've gotten bit by a lobster!" He hissed once more as he got off of Twilightkit's small body. The attacked kit shuffled to her feet and finally looked up to the mystery cat. 

"Thunderkit why are you here?" She exclaimed seeing a furious yellow pair of eyes glaring at her.  The tabby must have followed her! 

"I'm here cause a kit ran away without thinking. Do you even know where you are?" Thunderkit scowled. Twilightkit looked around and only saw unfamiliar palm trees. For once Thunderkit was right, where was she?

A dark brown chest fur nudged close to the lost kit brushing their fur. Thunderkit wrapped his paws around her. His angry eyes began to relax. He was worrying about me. Twilightkit sat silently uncomfortable in the tabby's fur. But her bristled fur slowly began to flat. Thunderkit had his eyes still on Twilightkit. But now, all the sorrow and pain was gone.

"Twilightkit come back. Perhaps Vixennose may not truly be your mother, but you have better parents." Thunderkit pleaded. Suddenly the small noise of sand caught two of the kit's pair of eyes. They turned back and saw a sandy tom walking towards them. Sandstar has arrived to rescue the kits.

"I can explain that part Twilightkit." Sandstar meowed calmly but his eyes showed slight anger. "But first, we must head back to camp." He mewed firmly. His eyes turned to Thunderkit as the tabby tom's body dropped low. The furious tom moments ago turned like a helpless kit.

"I do not appreciate you two breaking the warrior code." Sandstar mewed coldly but than his tone changed into a wise tone. A softer mew, "But I appreciate your courage to save Twilightkit." 

Thunderkit raised his head confidently showing tiny bits of brag by his chest fur rising. He dipped his head for thanks as he followed Sandstar's lead. Sandstar was about to grab Twilightkit's scruff but she avoided it by backing away. She must show she was a strong cat, and to work on proving herself now.

As the three cats got back to camp, Maplemouth rushed to Thunderkit and the other queen , Vixennose rushed too but stopped when Sandstar gave a meaningful look. The white queen dipped her head and headed back into the nursery. Brightkit and Hollykit mewed hungrily as Vixennose quieted them down.

Sandstar and Twilightkit entered the leaders den. The black kit remembered when Thunderkit stopped her and scowled at her. Now, she understood Thunderkit was only caring for her own goods. She decided to forgive him about that.

"Now your parents," Sandstar spoke wisely. "Thunderkit mentioned you have special parents. And that is true youngster. You are kin to us, but is a different kind of kin." Twilightkit listened as the leader spoke. It did not make sense, but the thoughts of the life of warrior rushed through her mind. A small hint was hidden and she could guess.

"Your parents are from StarClan. And they have sensed you to save the clans." Sandstar meowed. Twilightkit dared not to let her breath be heard. She swallowed the truth carefully each with caution. 

"But who are my StarClan parents?" Twilightkit asked. Her pelt prickled.She peeked her own glossy fur few times. How many time she looked, it was not star speckled, nor it was filled with any power. But the pricking fur would not settle down like she wanted to. It remained standing tall making Twilightkit round and big.

"That is a answer I may not be able to answer daughter os StarClan." Sandstar lowered his town as he moved his gaze somewhere else as if fearing to see the emotion of the black she kit. "But there is one thing for sure. The prophecy we have been given relates and you. And StarClan has sensed you to help."

Before any thoughts can race through her mind, magical powerful words were spoken. "Thunder rumbled, as star cracks a life. New time shall find the destiny of the clans." He ended. Twilightkit has got swallowed to those words her eyes deep lurking around. Her paws shook although there was no earthquake.

"You were born when a thunder shocked to the earth. No cat has no clue who you were before, or how you made it alive. Or if you are alive." Sandstar mewed deeply.

There has been no tongues shared with Sandstar and Twilightkit. The leader dismissed the small kit as a queen rushed towards her. It was not Vixennose, it was Maplemouth.

"Vixennose is worried to her death! She thought you were going to leave forever after talking to Sandstar." Maplemouth's orange tongue moved as she talked. The black she kit slightly nodded than rushed back into the nursery. Vixennose lied flat only her tail moved. Brightkit and Hollykit was nowhere to be seen.

"I'm sorry Vixennose I will never do that again." A small mew jumped the white queen. She rushed as her tongue made furious licks.