Chapter 29

"Why are we running?" Crystalpaw panted. Sunpaw leaped across the sand her strong legs pushing forward.

"I don't know what it is but the creature's teeth smells of blood." Sunpaw hissed. "I'm not sure if it's a friendly animal either."

Shimmerpaw kicked the sand up as she explained. "Their called dogs. I never seen one in the clan's territory but they live like cats except more fiercer and bigger. They fight fierce as a swordfish."

"What's a swordfish?" Crystalpaw panted her breath thin. Sunpaw heard the stomping paw steps  coming closer. Her blood rushed as she scented them closer. The dogs yowled, but different from what a cats' would make.

"Run faster!" Sunpaw yelled. With all her might, her legs kicked the sand from sucking in.

Crystalpaw groaned and kicked her small chubby legs. "I'm not a warrior okay?"

Without a response, Sunpaw and the two other she cats ran with what they got. She lead the two  cats to a coconut tree and climbed up their. Thankfully, this tree was not fully grown so they were able to reach the top. For the first time they got to study the creature that was chasing them. It was a brown furred, broad looking creature, it's teeth sharper than claws. She scented blood, but also a rabbit dung like smell while it yowled repeatedly.

"Now what? We won't be able to come down now!" Crystalpaw whined. Sometimes Sunpaw's medicine cat friend could be quite annoying.

"If we stay here for a bit, they'll eventually give up. Be patient. Oh my StarClan Crystalpaw!" Sunpaw sarcastically meowed her gaze still fixed on the dog.

So trying to catch their breaths, they waited for the dog to leave. But before the dog silently left them alone, another never-seen creature came running down to them. And this one was taller than the dog, and if it wanted to eat the cats, they were doomed. The three she cats couldn't do anything about it. Their furs were not pale green like the leaves to camouflage within. They held their breath.

Sunpaw got a better look at the new creature. Living with the Army, traveling all around the ground, she saw these creatures many time but she could not stop being suprised. And they have no fur—how strange. The only pelt they had was on their head and Sunpaw couldn't find any use of that. This nofur, what the Army called them, was a male one. The nofur was scrawling at the dog. 

Shimmerpaw observed closely while Sunpaw and Crystalpaw thought they were doomed for sure. The small medicine cat shrieked, "How can you be so calm when were doomed Shimmerpaw? Is MorningClan cats always this crazy?"

"MorningClan cats are not crazy Crystalpaw." Shimmerpaw growled her gaze cool. But it softened as she set her eyes back on the nofur and the dog. "I think it's a nofur."

The nofur was just below the tree. It's small skinny blue eyes met the cats but dropped them on the dog. Surprisingly, the nofur looked like it was scowling the dog. And with just a few moments, the nofur had a long red needle wrapped around the dog's neck as it pulled the broad creature. They left while the dog made a sad cry like a new born kit.

"That," Sunpaw said. "Was unexpected."

Crystalpaw bopped her head in agreement. She muttered how strange and unusual it was, and also said she felt bad for the dog. How painful it must be for a needle to be wrapped around on a neck.

Shimmerpaw, on the other fact, seemed calm. The yellow tabby stated, "We're getting close to the twoleg camp." She announced unexpectedly.

"So you're saying," Crystalpaw mewed. "That creature was a twoleg."

Sunpaw rolled her eyes. "Obviously. It walks on two legs."