Chapter 34

Applecrystal yawned as he woke up. He peeked outside of the warrior's den seeing the sun setting. After his vigil, he slept until now.

Sleepily, the black tom dragged himself out finding many warriors already finishing the day. Applecrystal's stomach growled, and he realized he hadn't ate anything before he slept. His excitement had even killed his own hunger.

He picked up a mouse from the fresh-kill pile. Than he spotted a brown fur-Oakice. Alone. Applecrystal has hesitated at first, but he made himself determined patting up to the she cat.

"Hi." Oakice greeted when she saw Applecrystal coming.

"Do you want to share this mouse with me? There's plenty." The black tom asked. He tried to sound normal but nervous flooded in his thoughts. What if she said no?

"Sure! It looks delicious!" Oakice exclaimed as she quickly made space for him. Applecrystal's heart leaped as he settled himself next to her. Than the she cat let a murrow of laughter. "Why so far? It's leaf bare and the wind is cold enough to go through my fur!"

Oakice came closer as she brushed her fur with Applecrystal's black fur. His heart jumped his heart beating faster it might come of his mouth. He could feel the she cat's warmth spreading to him.

Oakice took a bite from the mouse. "Congratulations of becoming a warrior!"

Applecrystal bit off a chunk of meat. "Th-thanks!"

Oakice laughed. Her smile warmth Applecrystal as he blushed. He truly loved her. Her jumpy foot, her positive attitude, her smile, everything. She was like a sunshine, not just to Applecrystal, but to every cat in ThunderClan.

When Applecrystal looked behind Oakice, he saw a tom glaring at him. The black tom looked away. It was a another tom who had a crush on Oakice like him, Flamelark.

But Applecrystal decided to not bother and enjoy his time with Oakice.

Oakice meowed. "With a warrior like you, ThunderClan is strong. With the tension rising between us and WindClan, there might be a battle soon. I can't believe they're planning to take a piece of our territory!"

"They even alliances them self with RiverClan. And two clans against one would outnumber us." The black tom agreed.

"I heard that Lionstar and Ivypool is thinking about alliance with SkyClan and ShadowClan. I hope at least one of them would have common sense." Oakice rolled her eyes. "ShadowClan's selfish. I'm not sure they would."

Applecrystal nodded. "ThunderClan have all rights to our territory. SkyClan-,"

The two warrior heard a rustle. Than caught a smell of cats. Oakice whispered. "Intruders."

Applecrystal shot up. Few warriors stood too. The smell came closer until they were able to see. Three, no four cats dashed to the clearing. One of it was a badger. And three were cats. They were not warriors of ThunderClan nor any clans.

A kit from the nursery squeaked. "Intruders!"

Few warriors started to hiss sheathing their claws and so did Applecrystal. Lionstar emerged, signaling his warrior to be quiet. He asked with a warning voice. "Who are you?"

One of the cats, a long red furred she cat was the one who answered. "I am Sunpaw of NoonClan, and I wish to speak with the ThunderClan leader."

Silence. The appearance was so sudden. No cat knew how they haven't been caught by a border patrol or a hunting party. And most of all, what is MorningClan? And why is her name like a apprentice's?