Chapter 16

On the way back to camp, his clan mates were cursing words to Runningstar. Thunderclaw decided to stay silent making a gap between him and his clan mates. Especially Brightwind.

Night breeze whistled in Thunderclaw's sensible ears. He twitched the right and looked up in the sky. So many stars, so many warriors that has been a true hero at one time. Generations through generations. Those stars were a hero, but the tom was mad for separating him and his mate to an unknown place, not even know what happened to Twilightspeckle. Was she dead? Or was she desperately living in a unknown place?

MorningClan reached to their clan cats going to other warriors that had stayed behind do share the story, Thunderclaw went straight to the warrior den, curled up in his moss nest. He placed his tail on covering his eyes avoiding to meet any cat's gaze. Thunderclaw's yellow eye closed as he drifted to sleep, hopefully seeing Twilightspeckle the next morning their fur brushing together.

**********************************

Thunderclaw woke up not in his nest, but in a dark shadowy bay. There was an endless water place like MorningClan's territory, except the ocean was black. No sun light shimmered the ocean like it did in the ocean the tom knows. It was dark and gloomy, no life swam in the water. The life less water stretched endlessly across in the horizon.

"Where am I?" Thunderclaw murmured staring at horror on the gloomy ocean. This was not the sea water that he has always known, it was as if staring at a blood of pools.

"Your at my ocean." A meow jumped him back, his back lungeing into battle position. Thunderclaw saw an gold tom, with an nasty scar on his right cheeks. The tom hissed like an added and his muscles tensed. He was almost more trained than the best warriors in the clans. A rogue perhaps? But Thunderclaw was curled up in his nest a moment ago.

"What do you mean your ocean?" Thunderclaw growled. He circled around the golden tom trying to hind his fear scent being from the size of his opponent. Cold wind blew, just when the tabby was about to pounce, the golden tom sat down and started to groom his fur.

The warrior stared in shock. He relaxed his shoulders a little staring at the tom.

"Hello." The monstrous cat that was just before greeted. "I am Snakefang, I am here to bring back your mate." Thunderclaw sat in blank not believing his ears.

"Can you repeat that again?"

Snakefang rolled his eyes than meowed. "I am here to bring back your Twilightspeckle." He repeated again. Is he a StarClan cat that they blessed me? But Snakefang's fur was not star speckled, disguising, filthy, and shaggy more than Thunderclaw's glossy pelt.

"Is this true? And where is Twilightspeckle?" The tabby tom lashed out his tail, in deep of his yellow eyes, hope splashed. Snakefang smiled kindly.

"Twilightspeckle's in StarClan, she's living with her true kin." He said smiling. Something tickled in Thunderclaw's heart about the golden tom. A beam of light, with a shadow behind.

"She's safe? Can, can she come back?" Thunderclaw asked his voice trembling with happiness. Snakefang purred.

"Oh, she certainly can, but she just needs a little push to cut out from StarClan's blood." He said. Cold breeze whistled again blowing both of the tom's fur. Their eyes met staring at each other. Thunderclaw finally relaxed fully his tail neatly wrapped around his paws.

"Please! I'll do anything!" He exclaimed full of hope almost leaping from his paws. Twilightspeckle, I'll do whatever it takes to get you back.

The sound of crow echoed in the dark sea. The sand was dark and hard, instead of smooth, but it almost turned into a paradise for Thunderclaw. This was a place where he was giving the chance to save his mate.