Chapter 7- Murder

It was a warm afternoon the chilling winter finally passing away. The palm trees coconuts started to bloom it's flowers her tongue ready to sip the delicious coconut water. Twilightpaw groomed her fluffy fur with gentle licks. At the far edge of the camp, Thunderclaw was giving some glances to her but wouldn't meet her big blue eyes whenever she turned her head to his side. Twiloghtpaw has never seen the brave tom act like this!

"What are you purring about Twilightpaw?" A grey she cat settled beside her as her green eyes stared at the apprentice. It was Dovesong, her friend.

"Nothing." Twilightpaw lied.

The grey she cat shrugged by the apprentice's response. "Dovesilence's kit's are running around like crazy!" Dovesong changed the topic uneasily. Dovesilence's kits were born three moons ago and they were a bit jumpy, like all kits. It was even hard for Dovesilence because she has almost lost all hearings making her retire early to the elders.

Dovesong continued,

"My mother has a pawful with them!" She let out a Murrow of laughter, "We hadn't had kits in the camp for so long, I forgot how jumpy they can be!" Twilightpaw let out a soft purr from her throat amused by the kits.

The peaceful conversation was broke from a terrified yowl.

"Help!" A cat scrambled out from the camp enterance. It was Brightpaw and her fur was splattered with deep fresh blood. The usual looking good Brightpaw's pelt was ruffled up. "Windfoot is DEAD!"

Gasps were heard in MorningClan's camp. Sandstar leaped to the terrifying apprentice and so did the deputy.

"Calm down Brightpaw." Sandstar made the little tortoiseshell relax her tensed fur, "Tell us slowly what happened."

Brightpaw took a deep breath but the sobbing to her grief of the dead mentor was impossible to stop. "Windfoot was taking me to a hunting training. When I was catching a fish in the ocean I heard a fierce yowl. I was in the water deep and it took me a while to get above the surface. When I got there, Wind—Windfoot was de—dead."

Shocked howls rippled in the MorningClan camp. Bladeclaw yowled something that made an agreement to all.

"It must be a murderer!" The clan went silent for a moment. Twilightpaw heard some 'betrayal' in the Warriors conversation. She sticker close to Dovesong.

"Silence!" Sandstar yowled as the mews died in a second, "This is no time to discuss what happened to Windfoot. We must bring him here, and set a proper vigil to honor him. He was one of the best warriors in MorningClan, he must be respected to his fellow travel to StarClan."

All cats nodded an agreement. Berryfur gathered up the closest ones of Windfoot and went to retrieve Windfoot's body. Twilightpaw saw her mentor going with the patrol, they were friends. She thought as she felt bad for Leafivy's friends death he must have an huge anguish. I wouldn't bare it if Dovesong was dead.

" I can't believe Windfoot's dead." Thunderclaw's low growl jumped Twilightpaw out of her fur. She nodded an agreement to his words.

"He was one of the best warriors, the swiftest in the clans." Twilightpaw said her heart full with sorrow. She remembered the cool stories that the Swift tom told whenever Twilightpaw was joining the senior warrior she to share to guests. Windfoot's storytelling was one of the best, he would have been become an fine elder when retired. But now he's dead and only the stories are alive.

"Too bad for Brightpaw, she said she was having her warrior assessment. Now her mentors dead." Thunderclaw mewed his head staring at the depressed tortoiseshell. Twilightpaw slightly bristled her fur for no reason.