Chapter 33

(A day before Sunpaw and her travelers came to ThunderClan)

The black tom slithered to it's prey, silent as a owl. He waited until the squirrel started munch it's nuts, causing cautiousness to be low. The wind blew to his luck, and his body was crouched down low as it can be.

Without any warning, he pounced, and before a leaf can dance down to the floor, he snapped a quick killing bite. The squire laid limp on his mouth, dead.

"Good job!" A cat emerged from a bush. The tom had no idea his mentor was there, causing a yelp of surprise. His mentor, Ivypool announced, "You passed your warrior assessment Applepaw!"

Applepaw dropped his catch on the floor his jaws hanging open. I passed the assessment, than that means-

"I'm going to become a warrior!" The apprentice's voice was loud enough for a nearby bird to fly away. Ivypool flinched amused. Normally his mentor would hiss the fact he has scared off the prey but today, she smiled and meowed.

"Let's get to the camp right away shall we?"

Ivypool, his mentor lead the way. Applepaw couldn't hold off his excitement. What would his name be? Appleclaw of his fierce battle skills? Applepounce of his hunting skills? He hoped he would get the most awesome name ever, so his name would be known to all the rivalry clans and scare them off. Appleclaw the brave? Applepounce the hero?

If Applepaw became a warrior, there would be no battles he couldn't win. And he could prove that to the possibly coming battle with WindClan-but right now, he didn't care about WindClan. He wanted his warrior name, right this second.

"You look like you can run around the territory ten times!" Ivypool purred. Even she looked happy, happy as ever. Applepaw remembered the moons ago when he was made a apprentice and was assigned to Ivypool as his mentor. He was bragging the fact his mentor was the deputy, the second highest position in the clan.

"What do you think my name be? I hope Lionstar would pick the best one!" Applepaw smiled happily.

"Your name would suit you and your name will be called and respected by every cat of your clan mate." The wise deputy meowed.

Sometimes Ivypool wasn't understanding. Of course Applepaw wants a cool name.

Applepaw felt like he came back to camp without walking. He realized he was in camp when he thought it was still the forest. It was almost dusk, and warriors ceremony is usually held when the sun goes low, when most of the cats are in camp sharing tongues. The apprentice could hardly be still.

"You look like a cricket is crawling on you!" A meow made Applepaw jump. He turned around and saw his friend Branchcloud.

"I passed the warriors assessment Branchcloud! I'm going to become a warrior, my dream ever since I was a kit." The black apprentice exclaimed. Branchcloud was made a warrior only a moon ago along with his sister Oakice. And the thought of his friend's sister caused a louder heart beat.

Oakice had been his den mate a moon ago like Branchcloud. And when the two siblings been made a new warrior, something inside Applepaw started to hurt. He couldn't concentrate on his training and he missed few catch. It wasn't because his friend was not sleeping with him anymore-it was because of his feelings for Oakice. Ever since she became a warrior they didn't see each other often. Applepaw finally realized that he had a crush on the she cat.

And if Applepaw became a warrior, far from a kit, not needing a mother to groom his pelt ever (since his mother always grooms his fur even if he tries to stop her) it was possibly a time to think about his future. If he really does have a crush on Oakice, which the black tom does, perhaps he should do something. Before she gets taken away. Perhaps it was too early, but he can not stand seeing Oakice touching noses with a another tom.

Branchcloud broke Applepaw from his thoughts. "I'm assuming you would sleep in the warriors den tonight, so-,"

"Let all cats old enough join beneath the high rock for a clan meeting!" Lionstar yowled disturbing the conversation. My meeting for the warrior ceremony!

Every cat was mostly gathered around sharing tongues. Few cats from the nursery and the warrior's den came to hear the news. Once every cat had attended, Lionstar began speaking.

"It is time I preform one of the important task. Applepaw, please come forward."

As if waiting for Lionstar to speak those words, Applepaw swiftly stepped forward.

Lionstar continued. "I, Lionstar, leader of ThunderClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. They have trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend the to you as a warrior in their turn."

The leader faced the young apprentice warrior-to-be. "Applepaw, do you promise to uphold the waitron code and to protect and defend your clan, even at the cost of your life?"

Applepaw didn't hesitate. "I do."

"Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Applepaw, from this moment you will be known as Applecrystal. StarClan honors your determination, and we welcome you as a full warrior of ThunderClan."

Lionstar rested his muzzle on Applecrystal's head, and the new warrior licked the leader's shoulder in return. When the new warrior faced his clan, they cheered.

"Applecrystal! Applecrystal!"

Applecrystal heard Branchcloud the loudest. And he met eyes with Oakice as she cheered loudly as any cat could yowl. He than met his former mentor's gaze as she nodded in return.

Applecrystal was proud as any cat could be, as he puffed his chest proudly.

Warriors Stars of BloodOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara