Chapter 28

Sunpaw couldn't believe how early MorningClan got busy. The sun wasn't still up and the whole clan was shuffling their paws, kits to elders.

"How are we going to get only Shimmerpaw's attention?" Crystalpaw whispered. They scrambled away from the MorningClan camp seeing a well defended camp. They were covered with beach sand their furs dirty and ruffled.

But a group of shuffling paws twitched the alerted warrior apprentice. She sniffed the air and found a familiar scent in it. Was it because to fulfill the prophecy? StarClan blessed them with luck.

"Who's there? I smell you intruders!" The low pitched MorningClan cat growled. He spit on the sand and showed his sharp teeth. He was a well trained warrior his pulsing muscles showing from his brown fur.

Sunpaw emerged from the rock and faced the tom warrior. "Greetings Thunderclaw. Long time to see." She made a friendly grunt.

Thunderclaw blinked his yellow thunder eyes surprised. He than sniffed the air full of information. "I smell another cat."

Crystalpaw appeared behind Sunpaw's heels shyly and scared. "We have come in peace. I am no warrior, and I believe medicine cats may cross clan territories with—,"

Sunpaw placed her fluffy tail on the young medicine cat's mouth. "Don't lie." She whispered and faced Thunderclaw again. "Can you bring Shimmerpaw here? And without any cat noticing or being reported."

Thunderclaw sprang his ears and gave a warning small growl. "We traveled together and has bond, but I will not betray the warrior code Sunpaw. I will take you as a guest to MorningClan."

"Please," Crystalpaw stepped up with a terrified voice. "This is urgent and no cat must know. We'll tell you everything when you bring Shimmerpaw."

Thunderclaw paused and sheathed and unsheathed his claws a few times. He studied the two intruder she cats. He than looked at Crystalpaw. "Fine. But tell me everything okay? I will report it to Berrystar afterwards but not now. Is that a fair deal?"

Sunpaw was not too happy about being reported afterwards, but hopefully they would have enough time to be off of clan territory. "Deal."

Thunderclaw nodded and went away. Sunpaw hoped she could trust the tom but there was worry he would not keep the promise. Crystalpaw was worried too, her whiskers twitching every heartbeat.

Crystalpaw opened her mouth. "Are you sure this was a good idea?" 

"No." Sunpaw answered honestly that gave a annoyed moan to her friend. "Let's put it on our luck."

Sunpaw heart two—no, three shuffling cats heading nearer and nearer. One step late, Crystalpaw flinched. The cats came closer and closer, until they were just a rabbit jump in front of the two NoonClan cats.

"Greetings" One of the cats meowed. "Long time to see Sunpaw."

The red she cat smiled and greeted back. "You too Shimmerpaw."

Thunderclaw was there with a smaller cat behind his tail. It was Rainpaw, surprisingly. I hope she wouldn't tell the clan by rushing away. Sunpaw prayed. But a cat she knew might have some kindness to her with a bond.

Sunpaw meowed calmly. "I believe you want to know our reasons. I can't risk being caught so I will start explaining if I may." 

No cats objected and handed her the permission to speak. Crystalpaw stayed close to her, the medicine cats heat beat pounding fast. Sunpaw told them everything, but left out some details. All MorningClan cats listened closely but alerted of was their surroundings.