Chapter 35

Applecrystal was taking a walk with his mother Hollytuft.

"Congratulations on becoming an full warrior! I wanted to thank you personally." His mother smiled.

"Thanks. I'm not a kit anymore am I?" Applecrystal chuckled.

"You'll always be my kit." Hollytuft smiles back.

Applecrystal grunted, and his mother grunted back.

Hollytuft turned to her serious face. "I need to tell you something."

Applecrystal turned her attention to his mother from a flittering leave. "What is it?"

"Your father is not Shellfur."

He froze his feet. "What are you saying?"

"Please be calm, and listen to me-," Hollytuft tried to brush her fur to her son's.

Applecrystal quickly went away from her. "Than why are you saying this? It's not funny."

"It's the truth. Your father is a cat named Fernsong."

Without thinking, Applecrystal ran away. Hoping, it is a dream...

Applecrystal was the son of Hollytuft and Fernsong. And he hated Hollytuft now.

Hating his own mother, he is, but why not? She broke two warrior codes and kept a secret from her son for his entire life. After the walk Applecrystal was just plain sad. His emotions was so deep that he could not feel the thorn his paw.

Applecrystal grumbled and went off to the medicine cat den. Suddenly, the thorn stung. He must've been walking long enough to let the thorn sunk in his pad.

He must have stomped inside because the first thing he heard was,

"SHUSH! I'M TRYING TO CONCENTRATE!" From the grumpy old Jayfeather. Applecrystal saw the delicate soft Wingsong slightly dipping her head apologizing for her mentor. And next to the white she cat was-the visitor Crystalpaw.

"What's she doing here?" Applecrystal said in disgust pointing at her with one of his claw.

"She's helping. She had knowledge about herbs we never knew from MorningClan." Wingsong purred in delight. Crystalpaw shyly glanced at the black tom.

Jayfeather, who was treating Thriftear sighed. "And done. Oh no, your not going on any patrols for three days." Then medicine cat muttered something afterwards but Applecrystal couldn't quite make out the words.

Applecrystal always wonders whenever he comes to the mediocre cat's den when Jayfeather was going to retire. He was the brother of Lionstar, but cat's of his age retired as elders by now. Though, he dared not to say that to the grumpy old tom.

"What do you need?" Wingsong asked.

"Can you get this thorn out of my pad?"

Wingsong nodded and went looking for a herb. Applecrystal could not understand how she stands being in the herb scented den all day when the forest wind smells so much better.

She came back with some kind of herb in her mouth. Wingsong than said to Crystalpaw, "This is how you get a thorn out of a cat's pad."

And the rest, Applecrystal didn't care but why teach to a stranger? "Can you hurry up?" He meowed irritated.

Wingsong grunted. She whispered something in Crystalpaw's ear. Applecrystal handed her his paw. The medicine cat exams it, "The thorn went in pretty deep. Why didn't you tell me it earlier? Now it's going to sting even more when I get it out you know."

"Shut up and get this thorn out!" Applecrystal snapped.

"Sow some respect to your medicine cat!" Wingsong hissed. "Just because your a warriors, doesn't mean you rule the clan!"

Applecrystal growled. Once Wingsong got his thorn out, she pissed him away. Jayfeather added, "If you're going to get a thorn out, come sooner and don't make trouble."

Ugh, why did cats have to boss him around? Oh yeah, he was the son of traitors. As medicine cats, they must've known! And they didn't tell him and thinks they can boss him around.

Applecrystal had hate ponding in him, and frustrated brows. That's when he had a brilliant idea.

Eek! Sorry for the short chapter!