Chapter 4- First Battle Train

"Wake up Smallpaw!" Thunderpaw yelled in Twilightpaw's delicate ears. The new apprentice moaned but shuffled to her paws and faced the tom.

"I'm not Smallpaw. I am Twilightpaw." She puffed out her chest as she growled from the deep of her lungs. The tabby rolled his eyes.

"Your small and weak. Anyway, our mentors are waiting. Keep blabbing but I'm not going to miss battle training." He meowed and bounded off out of the den. Twilightpaw walked behind him as they met up with their mentors.

Leafivy and Hollowbranch was waiting while grooming their pelts. They stood up ready to go when the apprentices finally showed up. As the four senior and young cats paced outside the camp, scents of sand wafted in Twilightpaw's nose. The cool wind carried sea salt scent. All the cats fur was fluffed to prevent losing heat. 

A clear sand-less hollow appeared between the palm trees. The clearing was filled with big and small paw steps.

"This is the training hollow." Leafivy introduced to the new place. "We Train apprentices here. And today, Thunderpaw and Windfoot was willing to help your first training."

Windfoot nodded as Thunderpaw grunted. 

"First, let's see your senses in battle. Thunderpaw and Twilightpaw try attacking each other. Remember, claws are unsheathed." The she cat's mentor instructed. Windfoot added to his apprentice,

"And Thunderpaw, take easy on her. You have trained longer than her." The tabby nodded as he crouched down. Thunderpaw growled underneath his breath. Twilightpaw copied his crouch and slowly stalked his tail as the opponent did the same.

"Ready Weakpaw?" Thunderpaw spat teasingly. The little apprenticed hissed in alarm. But the tabby pounced on her as aimed for her whole body to be pinned down. Surprised, Twilightpaw ran under his enormous pounce using her small size as strength. She sliced her paws on Thunderpaw's back legs as he slipped.  Ha! Who's Weakpaw now? 

Twilightpaw leaped on top of the big apprentice. But her body was caught and was thrown off by Thunderpaw's sudden hard kick. She flew above Than embarrassingly, Thunderpaw caught her as the young apprentice dangled from his mouth. "Your still tiny as a new born kit." He teased.

The black she cat wiggled herself free as the tabby dropped Twilightpaw off. Leafivy stopped with a flick of his tail from pounding on Thunderpaw. "That's enough. You fought very well despite he had training for three moons and his big size. You used your small size well youngster."

His praise made the new apprentice's chest with pride. Twilightpaw's tail was held up as her fluffy chest puffed with brag. "But," Her mentor continued, "Do not pounce on a bigger cat without any plan. It is dangerous and risky." He warned. 

Hollowbranch nodded an agreement. "You fought well Thunderpaw. We need to work on your back kicks though. Do you and Twilightpaw want to do that too?" He asked to Leafivy. Twilightpaw's mentor nodded approvingly. The warriors instructed one by one the back kick.

Like that, the apprentices trained until the sun has set. When the two were back at camp, there furs were ruffled, and they were tired and predicted that they are going to snore loud tonight.

"You two have done a great job today. Eat a prey or two. Dismissed." Hollowbranch meowed as Twilightpaw let a sigh of relief. The apprentices shuffled to the fresh kill pile trembling on each other's paws. When Twilightpaw was about to eat a good looking fish, a meow stopped her.

"Twilightpaw, do you want to share with us?" Sandstar asked with Berryfur to his side. The apprentice dipped her head and followed the leader and deputy. What an honor to eat with them!

Berryfur licked Twilightpaw's left ear with gentleness. "How is your training Twilightpaw?" She meowed. The black she cat purred and boasted what happened at training Berryfur started to munch down on the fish. Sandstar stated,

"After you gained some energy from training, I am hoping to travel with you to the Moonsea." Sandstar asked. Twilightpaw's heart jumped up and down. The Moonsea! All the apprentices are going to be so jealous! 

"I know how much you have curiosity to your parents. And I thought taking you to the Moonsea will help you find your parents." Sandstar wisely meowed. The apprentice's heart pounded mentioning about her parent.

"But," Berryfur interrupted, "If you feel lonely, just come to me or Vixennose. We'll be like your parents to you." She purred. Twilightpaw nodded. Why would she need her real parents if she had two kind parents on her living side?

After eating with the leader and deputy, she went back to the apprentice den. Lightpaw was sleeping, alone snoring softly. Twilightpaw's heart was pounded with hopes as she settled herself in the moss bed. The white sand was soft and good to her. How strange that the other clans hate sands being in there pelts. 

"Hey Twilightpaw Do you want to sleep with me?" Lightpaw asked awake from his sleep with his cool handsome smile. The she cat purred as an reply as Lightpaw pushed his den next to hers. He circled around one time then settled his yellow fur brushed to Twilightpaw's. Their furs were gently brushing together as they stared at each other's eyes.This is the best moment in my life!

Brightpaw and Hollypaw also came in, a bit late seeing the yellow tom sleeping with the black foster sister. They silently unsheathed their claws for a bit but sheathed their claws back Than started to sleep. Twilightpaw heard a small growl in their throats. Brightpaw and Hollypaw would never put a claw on Twilightpaw since Lightpaw was right in her fur. 

Lightpaw moaned, "Night Twilightpaw." He whispered as he gave a gentle lick in the ear. The black she cat blushed helplessly staring at the closed eye tom. Did he like me back? She began to wonder. Hopes up, she licked his ear back as she closed her eyes.

Thunderpaw came in later on licking his mouth that still had sate of fish. He saw Twilightpaw sleeping with Lightpaw with  sad sorrow yellow eyes. The she cat felt like she saw a frown in the tabby's face. But she ignored it as she curled up to Lightpaw.

Lightpaw showed sighs that he might like her. Who do you ship? Thunderpaw x Twilightpaw or Lightpaw x Twilightpaw? Please tell me what you think!