Chapter 11- Revenge

"Berryfur's patrol will hide in the bush and Deerfur's patrol attack." Sandstar yowled organizing the cats. "I want Hollowbranch, Brightwind, Quicksand, Maplemouth, and Twilightspeckle to go with me and be the second wave."

Twilightspeckle gulped. The battle was happening against the rogues and Lightpelt. Her claws naturally sheathed her mind only focusing on revenge.

"Twilightspeckle." Thunderclaw gave a quick lick on his mate's ear. "I'm with Deerfur's patrol. I know this is your destiny and all but please don't risk yourself." He said his eyes with concerns. Right now thinking about it, the clans were at peace since Twilightspeckle was born. It was their first battle.

"I won't. And don't you dare die too crab-brain." Twilightspeckle nuzzled him affectionately. Thunderclaw nuzzled her back and scrambled away when Berryfur called him.

"Sandstar! NoonClan and NightClan has come!" Weaselwhisker breathed bringing many cats all known as skilled warriors. Yellowbird, Voletooth, Marshclaw, Leporddash, Spotstrike from NoonClan and Dewmeadow, Springfeather, Shinelight, Clearstripe from NightClan. And the cats that were leading them, Runningstar and Wavestar. Hundreds of good shaped cats have come to give revenge with them.

MorningClan's leader leaped to the two leader. "You came." He said with relief. Wavestar nodded.

"One clan mate is killed each day like you. I cannot see for so many of my clan mates to die."

"Yes." Runningstar agreed. "I have soul of revenge raging in my heart. My clan mates and I are ready to face the rogues."

Sandstar dipped his head. MorningClan started to murmur that they will definitely win by every clan's help. The three leaders began to discuss the battle plan. Twilightspeckle shuffled uneasily when she was called to join the discussion.

"Daughter of StarClan." Wavestar mewed warmly seeing the daughter of StarClan. "Your time has come. None of us know what is going to happen but we will trust you to save the clans."  Responsibility rested on the daughter of StarClan's shoulder.

Runningstar spoke wisely, "I once had an prophecy too and things did not go as I planned. But I could tell you this, follow your instinct." Twilightspeckle nodded. Her quick pumping heart pumped restlessly as the battle was about to show itself.

*******

"Attack!" Yowled Berryfur as her patrol leaped out of the rocks. Twilightspeckle charged at a Pale grey tabby tom as she yowled. She than used advantage of her small size and ran below his grey belly. Before the tom could react, she leaped onto his back. Twilightspeckle dug her sharp claws to his back. The grey tom screeched in pain and tried to rollover. Before he squashed her, she quickly jumped off remembering Leafivy's instructions.

I can do this! But her thoughts suddenly fizzled when the tom bit her back leg swiftly. Twilightspeckle screeched in pain and charged at the tabby grey tom again and gave a nasty scratch on the muzzle. Before the winner could relax, another cat leaped towards her. Twilightspeckle did a back kick as the cat screeched in pain.

She turned and saw Lightfur trying to escape while the battled cats were distracted. Your not getting away! Twilightspeckle followed the yellow tom out of the cave as sunlight shimmered flinching her eyes a bit. Whispers of prey was surrounding the silent bay.

quickly pounced him baring her teeth.

"Coward!" She spat full of rage. "You deserve to die." 

"Wait!" Lightpelt squeaked. "I'm not responsible for all the deaths."

"What do you—," Before Twilightspeckle can finish she was pinned down on the ground. Gasping for air she wiggled free than faced the new murderer. No.

"Yes Twilightspeckle it's not only Lightpelt." The cat laughed. "It's me Sandstar."

The little she cat pounced on the leader and bit his ears. She spat the torn ear and Sandstar went into battle position. The two cats circled around as they hissed and grinches their teeth. Twilightspeckle strikes first and swiped her front paws but missed. Sandstar yowled and claws Twilightspeckle's muzzle blood dripping. The little she cat was about to strike when a yellow body pinned her down.

"Oh my love don't forget about me." Lightpelt dug his claws deeper. Twilightspeckle yowled in pain but the yowl slowly died down. Her breath began to thin as her sight began to blur. Thank you for raising a cat like me. I couldn't save you and pay you back...

Before Twilightspeckle was about to let a last mew a swift body tackled Lightpelt. Twilightspeckle gasped and opened her eyes.

"Twilightspeckle please, don't die!" Thunderclaw rushed to her. Cats began to appear as they battled Sandstar and Lightpelt down. But all she could hear and see was Thunderclaw's soft breath and handsome face.

"I love you Thunderclaw." 

*********

"Twilightspeckle!" A familiar mew gave sigh of relief as the body nuzzled her muzzle. Her body was stiff as pain stabbed in parts of her body.

"Thun, Thunderclaw?"Twilightspeckle gave a weak mew as he brushed his fur to her.

"Shhh keep still my love. Your going to reopen your wounds." He whispered with worry. Dim moonlight shimmered in the medicine cats den as Fernfoot made small noises gathering some herbs for the wounds.

"How long was I sleeping?" Thunderclaw hesitated to answer.

"Two days. I was worried you were—," Twilightspeckle stopped him by sticking her muzzle to his.

"But I'm not. Lightpelt and Sandstar is defeated aren't they?" She said giving a weak smile.

"No," Thunderclaw dropped his gaze. "Lightpelt his dead, but Sandstar escaped he still had lives left." He stopped than smiled, "But your alive, and safe. That's all what matters for now."

Betrayal, murderer, and defeat. What can possibly happen now? We're you guys surprised by Sandstar's betrayal? I tried to make a twist.