Chapter 26

It has been days after the bad dream. Sunpaw managed to focus on her training instead of fearing about it now. But now another fear sweeper over her, Crystalpaw was acting strange in her dreams. She looked hurt, like she hit her head really hard every night. And in some worse nights, she even start to yowl with a painful screech in her meow. And even the experienced medicine cat, Marigoldseed, has started to yowl like a lone wolf.

Sunpaw, as a friend and a clanmate, has asked Crystalpaw if she was okay and if there was anything she could help. But each time the warrior apprentice does, she answers,

"I can't tell you Sunpaw—I really want to but I made a promise with Marigoldseed that it was medicine cat business nothing important to the clan."

Sometimes, Marigoldseed is hard to deal with but she did not want to push her friend too hard. The yowls are getting louder each night, and it's been drawing the clans attention.

"I can't sleep with a cat wolf yowling all night!" One of the warriors, Hayspin, mumbled loud enough for few cats to here. The cat who was sharing tongues with, senior warrior Glowspirit warned,

"They're medicine cats. They have medicine cat reasons."

"But do they have to make us sleepy all day?" He whispered with a small rumble in his throat.

"Eavesdropping?" Sunpaw jumped when a old wrinkled tom's voice came behind from the heels of her foot.

"Sorry." The apprentice apologized ashamed what a foolish things she done. How can I gain trust when I eavesdrop.

"No, no it's fine." The elder Risingnose chuckled and settled next to Sunpaw. He purred that her fluffy fur gave warmth in his old spines. "Some say it's the Curse of Silentpounce."

Sunpaw gave a confused look that let the elder have a murrow of laughter. "Curse of who?"

"Just a tale, or a myth every NoonClan cat knows. Some believes it, others do not." Risingnose explained. "Do you want to hear it?"

"I would like to." The apprentice purred. Risingnose was a excellent story teller, she wondered why his name was not Risingtales.

"You have to promise me one thing though. Don't tell, or say in Leporddash's hear? Got it?" The elder warned as the apprentice gave a quick nod. She assumed why the reason why the queen is involved would be explained in the story.

"Well it all starts with three little kits..."

****************************

"Two she cats and a tom."  Marigoldseed announced to the cats who was in the clearing. Three new healthy kits have been born in the great clan NoonClan.

The queen, Leporddash purred weakly but brightly to her new son and daughters. Breezeheart purred with her brushing his face fur on one of his daughter's. 

"I'll name this little white she cat Onekit." Leporddash declared.

"Than this son shall be known as Groundkit."

"Than what about the last one? This perfect tabby needs a name too." The mother purred at the white she cat, faintly grey to be exact. "I have an suggestion."

"I do too." The father Breezeheart argued softly. They both said it together,

"Silentkit" "Silentkit"

The two new parents purred amused they were thinking of the same name. 

"She's a shy one but each little breath I take, she twitches her ears." Leporddash meowed.